What oil to use for my 2 stroke 49cc

GoldenMotor.com

Chrisbull420

Apr 20, 2020
I was told that my bike won't run bcuz I'm using the blue oil to mix my 32:1. Is this person correct? They said I need to use the red‍♂.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
"dinosaur oil" ie conventional AIRCOOLED two stroke oil is fine at 32 or 40:1
If you are using an oil for outboards.....no. Don't use it at all.
If you are running synthetic, 50:1 will be your mix.

I ran Penzoil for air cooled engines at 40:1 on every engine I had, I never had a failure of any kind. Even for break in, I NEVER ran the bikes at 16:1.

Not sure you can get Penzoil for air cooled engines any longer, but anything made for a weed wacker, leaf blower ect. will work.

Color doesn't matter.

Chrisbull420

Apr 20, 2020

I ran Penzoil for air cooled engines at 40:1 on every engine I had, I never had a failure of any kind. Even for break in, I NEVER ran the bikes at 16:1.

Not sure you can get Penzoil for air cooled engines any longer, but anything made for a weed wacker, leaf blower ect. will work.

Color doesn't matter.

Chrisbull420

Apr 20, 2020

Color doesn't matter.

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I was told that my bike won't run bcuz I'm using the blue oil to mix my 32:1. Is this person correct? They said I need to use the red‍♂.
The engine may run better on some oils but color doesn't matter, when I was a teen I used to use 30w regular motor oil at 16 to 1 in a 250cc Bultaco and it ran ok, smoked a lot though.

Reactions: FOG