what motor and other parts needed,,,please help asap

GoldenMotor.com

salorr33cc

Apr 30, 2016
pennsylvania
Hi i am not new to this hobby have built many 2 stroke mountain bikes a cruisers,,this Chopper build is a new thing for me so I could use a little help like on best way to mount, rear gearing since its a 20 inch wheel with a 20 x 3'' tire..like should i get a sproket adapter with a 36 tooth,, what engine also 2 cycle or 4 cycle,, and best way to mount,, and gas tank ideas,,,, i can take any pictures and mesurmeants you want and need,,,,,so please someone help me
IMG_20170730_235312.jpg
IMG_20170730_235042.jpg
IMG_20170730_235312.jpg

salorr33cc

Apr 30, 2016
pennsylvania
Err.. Seriously How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

What you mean ERR..??? I have built these bikes before,, see pictures,, I would not have got this if a motor would not fit..it is a 70 degree v-frame...I am 5' 10" at 125 lbs...

The back down tube is round and 35mm {1 3/8"} and 8 1/2" tall from top of chain guard to bottom of top tube....

The front down tube is rectangular in shape and with is 43mm {1 11/16"} and 14" tall..from top of chain guard to bottom of top tube..

The top Tube is 18" long inside to inside.

MY main question is where should i buy my engine from. I used GASBIKE in past with no issues, last motor was a Skyhawk flying horse with type A piston and 38mm stroke,, i ported and polished it , RSE compression Head, and Honda CR80r exhaust pipe, and jetted carb, and custum made woodruff magneto KEY to retard timing 7*degrees...i know what i am doing..done my homework and read the GORDON JENNINGS 2 stroke BOOK..

plus do i need a 36 tooth sproket and adapter mount cause of the 20" x 3" wide tire and rear coaster brake and spokes on rim...

what is the better motor SkyHawk , ZED 80, or a SILVER SLANT from GASBIKE
100_0233 (2).JPG
IMG_20170728_180540.jpg

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I did not mean to offend. I do not question your ability. I'm 5'6" 156lbs 57 yrs old.I thought a time ago I may want to build one of these too. But - I use my bike to and from work 15mi daily. It must be safe for the street first and foremost. I build for reliability and long ride comfort. That front wheel looks really tiny. A bike like what you have pictured is completely impractical for my purposes. That doesn't mean it would not be a fun build! So with that said ... I would call or skype Duane @ Thats Dax talk to him about a 2stroke. Pay extra for a good quality, balanced engine. Lotsa guys here on the forum have built schwinn choppers. Some have installed a 4 cycle in them as well. Sorry for stepping into your thread like that. Good Luck to you!

salorr33cc

Apr 30, 2016
pennsylvania
Allen I could use your help,,,please

i was also thinking of putting a bigger front wheel on..its a 16 now,,, thinking 18" so i can still use front brakes without having to move brake lever mounts,,,or i could go with disc in future,,,, my goal is to just get it moving for now,,, its going to be a show bike and also to cruise around town locally,,,I can do real nice motor work on these engines,, my problem is buying a kit stinks cause i dont need most stuff in it, and building a kit in seprate pieces gets exspensive,,, can I show you a few ideas and tell me what you think,,,, Dax is to exspensive,,,not paying an extra $100 for a balanced crank when i can drill two holes also,,, ALLEN PLEASE CHECK BACK HERE OFTEN TO TALK OR GIVE ME AN EMAIL addy,, or TEXT NUMBER,,,,THANK YOU SIR
IMG_20170801_173805.jpg