What is the best commuting kit

GoldenMotor.com

jakob

Aug 16, 2018
I'm commutting about 20 miles ever day and dont want my engine to break dont mide ride. I have 200 to 300 but preffarbley closer to 200

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
It's an old joke but "ya can have high quality. Ya can have cheap and ya can have it fast.
Pick one"

For dependability, quality (the MB version, LoL) A 4 stroke is better in those reguards more often than not. But it's more expensive. Many folks commute on 2 stroke kits. But there will be some road side repairs.

Not to be a turn coat. But this time of year, you can get deals on used scooters/mopeds.

But then your using/buying a used vehicle with what ever head aches it has.

If ya go the 2 stroke kit route, be sure to read up on 'em. No front fenders, good front and rear brakes, etc. That is well in the $, you set

jakob

Aug 16, 2018
It's an old joke but "ya can have high quality. Ya can have cheap and ya can have it fast.
Pick one"

For dependability, quality (the MB version, LoL) A 4 stroke is better in those reguards more often than not. But it's more expensive. Many folks commute on 2 stroke kits. But there will be some road side repairs.

Not to be a turn coat. But this time of year, you can get deals on used scooters/mopeds.

But then your using/buying a used vehicle with what ever head aches it has.

If ya go the 2 stroke kit route, be sure to read up on 'em. No front fenders, good front and rear brakes, etc. That is well in the $, you set
I need it to get me from point a to b in a reasonable amount of time

bonefish

May 7, 2018
$200 or $300 is not going to get you the "Best". A little over $300 will get you a reliable commuter that will suit your needs. Check out www.Staton-Inc.com and look at his Honda GX35 Friction Drive Kit. I commuted on a friction drive everyday for over a year.

Reactions: Dan