What engine kit do I have?

GoldenMotor.com

Xhase

Mar 11, 2018

Hi guys, new to this forum, wasn’t sure where to post this...

I got a bike with an engine kit on it, guy said he built it 6 years ago.

It has bike chain for the engine?.. Not like the normal big chain the Chinese kits usually come with now-a-days.. + a white gas tank? Weird clutch lever, no kill switch?

Anyone have an idea with what I have?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
hard to say, but 'pirate cycles' was only one I recall that used the BMX chains - which kit makes no real difference anyway tho

Xhase

Mar 11, 2018
It’s pretty nifty guys, I harvested the engine from that bike and put it on a better bike.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
This is a modified G.E.B.E. belt drive kit with a pristine Tanaka 40 cc. This engine became too costly to
manufacture & is no longer available. Probably the cleanest 2 stroke ever made, it came with a 7 year
warranty for personal, noncommercial use.. Because the largest primary pulley that comes with the kit
is 14 tooth the 2.2 hp can destroy the belt in nothin´ flat if your not gentle with the throttle. I put on a 16T
which grips the belt better, but also allows me to mush the bike barely above clutch engage @ 3200 rpm
& 15 mph. It was not intended to make it faster, but does when needed. This engine can hit 11,000 rpm
with a performance carb, stock limits it to about 9,200 which is fine by me. It may not be the fastest bike
out there, but easily has the best mileage. My intent was to build a distance touring bike.
I ride electric for 40 mi or less. With the stock 1 liter tank & a 3 liter plastic jerry can mounted on side
the range is ´well´ over 200 mi. For gearing there´s a 42/34/24 chainring with a 34/11 freewheel which means
it pedals nicely without power. Of course over 26 mph the pedals are just rotary foot rests. It is also 15 pds.
lighter than my electric.
005 (4).JPG
005 (4).JPG

Last edited: