What does your wife/gf think of your bike(s)?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Cannonfish, Feb 10, 2010.

?

What does your wife/gf think of your bike(s)? She is:

Poll closed Apr 11, 2010.
  1. so impressed with motorized bicycles that she wants one too, or else she already has one.

20.0%
  2. unconcerned with how much time and/or money I spend on my MB, as long as I'm happy.

49.1%
  3. convinced that this hobby is unsafe, and she is resentful of the time and/or money I spend on it.

10.9%
  4. threatening to leave me if I don't find a new hobby, preferably one that doesn't require gasoline.

1.8%
  5. nonexistent, so I can do whatever I want with my bike.

18.2%
  1. sudjim

sudjim New Member

My wife wants me to be happy. She allows me all the latitude I want. But I'm running out of room. I really need to get my 67 bug restored, but I keep spending money on bike stuff. I am the one in my house that stops me from spending too much money. I really want to do a trike, a tandem, a top speed bike and a top mpg bike. I just need more money and more free time.

2. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

If I come home with a killer vintage Bike, I get that's "to pretty" (read gets confiscated) But if I come home with a big time expensive motor, I get "what's that" 21 years later and I am just learning that I gots the best woman ever. We now own 12 great vintage bicycles and 3 really cool MBs and counting. I love my life.

3. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

when i finished my 24" Colson (the one in the rustoration build-off) my neighbor's wife said "that's sooo cute..."

i wanted to smack her in the kisser...

4. andrewg225

andrewg225 New Member

My Gf hate my hobby i spend to much time with my bike buddies she says .. and every time i come back from rideing she complains that i doun't ride her as much as i do my bike lol jk

5. Nougat

Nougat New Member

My wife hates the bike, hates that I like the bike, hates every dime I spend on the bike, hates any time I spend on the bike, won't come anywhere near the bike. She gets to spend money on anything she wants, because those things are "for the house." I get to sneak out while she's picking up kids from school and ride around the block a few times before she gets back.

6. hellhammered

hellhammered New Member

That sounds rough bro, at least my wife sleeps during the day, so that will give me some good ride time come spring!

7. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Man, I really am a lucky dawg. Carol cooks at our get togethers/MB rallys, buys tools, parts for me and thinks you guys are a "hoot" She has never ridden one and has no interest.

That is a thought! If your spouse does not like these things, invite some local MBers out for a ride and lunch. (cook out or resturant, what ever) But invite the wives/GFs/BFs/husbands or whom ever along. Make it a social thing that includes them. Carol was always cool about my addiction but after we went to a rally thing in Del., she was into it.

(I gotta go call my wife an' tell her I love her. Been 4 hrs since last time, snork)

r.ly.

8. hellhammered

hellhammered New Member

Does she have a sister? hehe....

9. Spunout

Spunout MB Builder Extraordinaire

GRIPE ALERT:
    even though she has a MB of her own (rides only 2x a year), i voted "convinced that this hobby is unsafe, and she is resentful of the time and/or money I spend on it." very non-supportive.
    its not the "unsafe" part thats the issue...just the time and money (even though bike-building pays for our toys).
    those of you whom have supportive wives/gf or whatever: be thankful. you're lucky.

10. hellhammered

hellhammered New Member

Absolutely!!! Hopefully I can do a build or two just to give her some 'shut up' money. ;)

11. weekend-fun

weekend-fun New Member

speaking that i dont have a gf.... i like to, um pretend ;)

12. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

YOU'LL GO BLIND WEEK-END! (Kidding but will grow hair on your palms) ((stop looking at your palms))

13. FileStyle

FileStyle New Member

what can you say when ups or fed-ex come showing up!

14. FileStyle

FileStyle New Member

darn muffler bearing went out on the car, had to order a new one! the Kanooter valve is shot and needed replaced.Had to have it! my addiction is like the air I breathe, I have to have it!

15. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Rodger That File! (Cracked me up with "muffler bearing")((can you buy those in sets or only as stand alones?))

16. Sharksfan

Sharksfan New Member

I had a gal say the same thing to me once. I said "Are you kidding me? Look at this thing. It's big, it's black, it has a MOTOR on it. There is nothing CUTE about a bicycle that goes 30mph. Now,if you want a cute bike my daughter has a cute bike. It is small and pink. Lady this bike is bad a**!"

17. Homeless Bob

Homeless Bob New Member

We're both old motorcyclers who have used motorcycles for primary transportation in our youths so.... as soon as I started looking at motorized bikes and talking about them with a friend, she looked at the pics and said firmly; "...Ohhhh... I'd like one of those!"

I have the right partner, huh? LOL

18. donutguy

donutguy New Member

I own my own company and my motorized bicycle is a promotional vehicle, so it's a tax write off. As long as the funds for my toys don't come out of household expenses......my wife doesn't care what the heck I do.