What cruiser is best for the predator 212?

GoldenMotor.com

ultralight01

Oct 30, 2016
Hood River, Oregon
Here's the plan for legality:
Engrave a homemade VIN to the frame.
Send a letter to CA and get a MB plate. Add all lights and signals.
Consider it street legal.
That's my plan.
Hehe... Who knows. I PMed Scotto to see what he did with his.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
CA won't license a 212. Nothing over 2hp. You also have to have a motorcycle license to ride one in CA. Also the registration does not allow you to ride it in another state unless it's legal in the state you're riding it.

Just follow all the rules of the road and you should be fine without registration. I've been fine for years.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
CA won't license a 212. Nothing over 2hp. You also have to have a motorcycle license to ride one in CA. Also the registration does not allow you to ride it in another state unless it's legal in the state you're riding it.

Just follow all the rules of the road and you should be fine without registration. I've been fine for years.
The first 3 statements and possibly others are wrong. I say go for it.

mat_man

Jan 29, 2011
athens ga
It used to be, fill out a form, most using the S/N of bike, pay $20 one time fee.
Mail it in, No inspection. All states seem to be tightening up.

Plenty of videos of Scotto riding on the street.

The other MAB forum may have info.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
It seems that people at the DMV have no idea what they're talking about with anything but cars.
It wouldn't surprise me. The people at the Beaverton DMV told me that a motorized bicycle was legal as long as the engine was under 150cc (which is actually the requirement for a small cc motorcycle lol) which was a load of crap. I wish it wasn't though.