what a speed boost!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

wheels6942

Oct 9, 2012
tampa
Ok, i bought a 32 tooth rear sprocket from Andyinchville on eBay. I forget where I found him from, somewhere from here I think. You can choose the number of teeth, from 27 to 39
Anyway, OHMIGODITSSAFASTICANTBREATHE.........its frickin incredible, I went by a radar sign today, nobody around, and I clocked 45.... felt like 95....

Next tweak, brake system!
scratg

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I put one of Andy's disk mount sprockets on my motorbike. The ride is now much smoother; especially at my cruising speed of 25mph.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Ok, i bought a 32 tooth rear sprocket from Andyinchville on eBay. I forget where I found him from, somewhere from here I think. You can choose the number of teeth, from 27 to 39
Anyway, OHMIGODITSSAFASTICANTBREATHE.........its frickin incredible, I went by a radar sign today, nobody around, and I clocked 45.... felt like 95....

scratg
No offense, thats a little backwards lol. Shoulda been brakes first, speed second. Dont take this the wrong way, just next time make sure you have good brakes before you go that much faster. I got a front drum brake way before I installed my high compression head.

Reactions: PeteJ

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
Oof...sorry for the necro.. didnt read the date before I replied...

I'll second the brakes. I've got 180mm rotors with mechanically actuated hydraulic brakes on my bike, and it's barely enough for 35. I don't dare go above that rotor size with the fork I have though, I've seen stanchions come off the crown on forks not meant for 203s. Honestly, the only other thing I can do is build me some strong wheels with 12ga spokes and go tubeless.

Testname111

May 20, 2021

scratg

I have a 36 tooth with Athena big bore 47.6mm piston and I can't get over 30mph with a stock China engine or this 70cc Athena?????? What am I doing wrong, what carb are u using?

Arne brøske

Jul 31, 2021

scratg
I am very new to the motorized bike community and I was wondering if a rear sprocket with more teeth is better with one with less can you let me know?

Testname111

May 20, 2021
bigger tooth gears will give you more tourk ( hill climbing power) and smaller gears will give you more top speed allot less hill climbing power