We're hooked!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

frenchman159

Apr 19, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
These are pics of our bikes, Her's is the one with the green. We are not rich people and want all to know that this is a great hobby for those of limited funds. We have a way to go with upgrades to saddle bags and the such. Enjoy these awsome rides ( motorized bikes ) as we are all being held ramsome with the gas prices. I started off with the 80 cc and built the 49 cc for my wife. The 49cc i got from ebay and it needed a little of care before riding due to what i learned on this forum. I had to remove and clean the head and cylinder as there were fillings on the piston from threading the spark plug hole. The coil was rubbing on the stator so i used the business card trick i picked up here. It has a forward pointing spark plug which is a bonus if you have a female frame with a bar that is lower at the seat.To make a long story short from Cruiser to Dax I have gotten a great deal of knowledge here on these forums. These guys have a fountain of info for all of us to learn from. I have been rebuilding small engines for 25 years and have gotten stuck on a simple problem as a slipping clutch, which they have helped me with. What I did notice though is the 49cc gave a much nicer, smoother ride which my wife appreciated, but if you live in a hilly part of the country you would rather the larger engine i have. I can't say enough about either of them but it's a great feeling of accomplishment to build and ride something you built with your two hands.:ride2:

frenchman159

Apr 19, 2008
I do but she is just tonite starting out on the 50cc and hooked !! I was just showing her that its like a clutch on a standard car, to disconnect just simply pull in the lever and you're a bike again !!

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Nice bikes, and your right, it is fun to cruise around on a motorize bicycle that you built yourself. Every time I ride mine some asks where I bought it. I love to tell them that I built it...................

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i love the look on someones face when you tell them you built the motorized bicycle. they always have this look or come right out and say "REALLY" nice job on your bikes i wish i could get my wife to ride one :rolleyes:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Thanks for the positive reinforcement about this site...it's great to hear we could help!

Last edited:

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
That's awesome to hear. I'm a little jealous because I have to drag my wife out against her will to ride with me :) To make things worse, she has a faster engine and smokes me all the time.

frenchman159

Apr 19, 2008
I was maybe thinking when I built her the 50cc !! This week i when't to meet her at her work and rode back home with her everyday, Love it !!! ( she works 3 miles from our house ) Took my son (9) who followed me into town with his new china quad. ( he was so proud of himself ! ) I live 30 kms from work , 14 kms of it is hyway(100 kmh/62mph) and I don't feel safe on the shoulder with those big trucks. I'm chomping at the bit to take it to work so, I thinking i'm going to buy a rack for the car to bring my bike to the city and ride to work from there ( 14 kms ). Not the whole cake but a part of it !

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
frenchman- what kind of shoulder do you have to ride on where it's 100kmh? Where I ride on the main routes there isa wide strip of good smooth pavement outside the edge line. So far, the truck traffic has not been a problem....I do slow down and become "hyper aware" when a semi is coming up.