well just got pulled over.

GoldenMotor.com

xenodius

May 23, 2012
Spokane, WA
You probably got their attention at 42mph in a 25 zone, it doesn't matter if you were 10' from the 35 zone, you weren't in it.
This might be hearsay, but I thought you could be granted leniency if you are stopped 100 yards from the speed change-- though that's only if you're not going over one of the speed limits.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
This guy is breaking the law 4 or 5 different ways and he got the shaft? He sounds like one of the people who are going to bring the law down on us all. I honestly wish you the best but it doesn't look good.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
and given the run around for about an hour taken to jail bike impounded and a ticket written for not having a license not having it registered and no head light tails lights when i did in fact have a 900 lumen headlight.
im the third person they've hassled over this the other 2 got the cases thrown outta court and nothing happened. beside having to pay to get the bike outta impound.
How much is it going to cost you to get your bike out of impound?

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
if im breaking the law then what about the 8 other people in town that ride around just like i was and have no problems i was minding my own business going to my nieces house to work on her computer and got pulled over and hassled. the laws in Michigan aren't clear on motor assisted bikes and there not uniformly enforced. some get away with no problems riding around and dont get bothered and some like me get hassled just because they can.

from what i knew i was leagal to ride my bike with no problems.

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
How much is it going to cost you to get your bike out of impound?
costed me 60 bucks to get it outta impound for a towing fee for them taking it 6 blocks on the truck. im going threw the legal system now and getting papers and laws together for my case. i feel im being wrongly charged and am willing to fight it rather than to just sit by and let them hassle me ive got a lawyer whose dealt with 3 other cases of this and all those cases got thrown outta court

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
costed me 60 bucks to get it outta impound for a towing fee for them taking it 6 blocks on the truck. im going threw the legal system now and getting papers and laws together for my case. i feel im being wrongly charged and am willing to fight it rather than to just sit by and let them hassle me ive got a lawyer whose dealt with 3 other cases of this and all those cases got thrown outta court
How much is the lawyer charging you?

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
You'll have a hard time with that argument in court I suspect. I've been pulled over on the freeway when there are a lot of other cars driving past at greater speeds. Who knows why but if I'm speeding it doesn't matter if they are speeding too or speeding more. Won't get me out of a ticket if one gets issued. I still think the best defense will be for you to be in the right to the point where there is no debate.

I hope you are able to resolve this and gather your bike back up before the snow starts to fly and considering where you are that will be soon!

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
If you are so worried about the other people who ride MB's why not become a cop and take them to jail? Become a judge so cases don't get dismissed,or run for state office so you can influence the law? No,none of that. You would rather "tattletale" on the people not breaking the law. Whether you were found 32 or 42 is a moot point. Both speeds are faster than the speed zone you were in. You got brakes? Use them.

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
im willing to take the speeding ticket thats not the problem the rest of the charges are.
ive already taken the steps to register my bike to get them off my back and hopefully get the charges cept for the speed dropped

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
If you are so worried about the other people who ride MB's why not become a cop and take them to jail? Become a judge so cases don't get dismissed,or run for state office so you can influence the law? No,none of that. You would rather "tattletale" on the people not breaking the law. Whether you were found 32 or 42 is a moot point. Both speeds are faster than the speed zone you were in. You got brakes? Use them.
your not under standing what im getting at i know i was speeding and thats not the problem its all the other charges and the way they pulled me over and hassled me. and when did i say i was gonna tattle tail on anyone. if it had just been a normal traffic stop for a speeding ticket fine that's ok but it wasn't they cuffed me put me in the back of the cruiser and treated me with disrespect on what should have been a normal traffic stop.

and just the way the officers treated me was outta line i did nothing to warrant being cuffed and thrown in the back of a cruiser

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I was pulled over a few weeks ago and even though I was polite the main cop was a d!ck. I guess he coudlnt find me so there were 4 cop cars there when I got pulled over. I was cuffed,put in the back of the car,had to tell them almost my life story before I was allowed to leave. You know why I was stopped? Because a community service officer said I had no headlight,even though I use a dynamo headlight and a Bicygnals wireless turn signal kit. I didn't lose my bike but I know how you feel. And I didn't and won't talk about the other riders in town. Even though 5 minutes after the cops let me go I almost ran over an idiot on a 2 smoker with no lights at night.

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
i have no reason to talk to the cops about others in town this is my issue and mine alone. the only thing im lucky on is ive got a lawyer that's dealt with these cases before and will know what to do about this. my bike is my hobby its fun to ride i don't wanna go 50 i just want to get from point a to point b and have fun doing it.

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
yesh i was following the law when they passed me the first time i was doing 25 mph they turned around and as i was speed up to the 35 mph zone they flipped on there lights and pulled me over. ive delt with 2 other cops while riding my bike in town and they were fine about it and asked me questions on how to make one and just drove away. i think i just got the one cop who had a bad day and decided to give me the run around.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Well good luck battling your traffic ticket.
Everyone should appear in court, do a Not Guilty plea, and request the matter be heard before an administrative clerk.
Then, it would take the profit out of it, for them.

If you get a good lawyer he'll learn a lot about this stuff!
Best
rc

neomas372

Jul 8, 2012
Trenton, MI. right on the river
always always always fight every ticket issued...demand a JURY trial...every charge...the prosecutor will be desperate to drop everything and you pay a fine for "impeding traffic". it is not cost effective for a jury trial...the court administrater would have a fit

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
And if they decide to make an example of you,instead of court costs and fines, it WILL be court costs,fines,and jail time. You might want to know both sides of that coin.

@neomas,ever been issued a ticket on a MB? I see you have 3 posts so I have to wonder.....

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
always always always fight every ticket issued...demand a JURY trial...every charge...the prosecutor will be desperate to drop everything and you pay a fine for "impeding traffic". it is not cost effective for a jury trial...the court administrater would have a fit

Yar, then if/when you lose you get to pay the court costs, which can add up to thousands! Good strategy. The prosecuting attorney won't "be desperate to drop everything". They will say "Oh, a wise guy huh? Let's run him, and see how he likes dealing with the big boys."

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I know that a speed zone is for any human on anything is not to excide the posted speed limit. You can be in a baby carriage, still the same. Case closed. (c)