Wanted, Toro/Tecumseh 2 cycle engine

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I am looking for an older toro/tecumseh 2 cycle engine. It must be the older version that uses points, not solid state , as I will not be using the magnito. I prefer one in running condition.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Russell, going to a used lawn equipment place tomorrow looking for a part. Aside from that, anything specific you need? I'll post pics here if they have one. Not sure if I still have your number.

It's a biggish place and might have it.

Hey, thing I'm looking for is a sort of universal coupling for a pusher. Trying to replicate a ball/ tow hitch. Smaller with same functionality.

Any ideas?

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
s-l500[2].jpg
Russell, going to a used lawn equipment place tomorrow looking for a part. Aside from that, anything specific you need? I'll post pics here if they have one. Not sure if I still have your number.

It's a biggish place and might have it.

Hey, thing I'm looking for is a sort of universal coupling for a pusher. Trying to replicate a ball/ tow hitch. Smaller with same functionality.

Any ideas?
There are many versions of these, male & female from 10-32 thru 1" and cheap. used with a shoulder bolt &castle nut , should be fine.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Was considering this, Russell.

Would be perfect and cost effective. Worried about range of movement though.

Guess I just gotta try one. Does fit the bill and will report.

Cool part is quick and easy on and off attaching, too.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Was considering this, Russell.

Would be perfect and cost effective. Worried about range of movement though.

Guess I just gotta try one. Does fit the bill and will report.

Cool part is quick and easy on and off attaching, too.

Last edited:

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
DSCN0370.JPG
This is my current winter project that I need the engine for. Two of the engines work great but the third is toast.

Last edited:

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Jim! What ?????? Is this what becomes of old Marines? that is great. Hope I get a chance to see it next year at the PA Rally.

Semper Fi
Dan

Reactions: Dan

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Thank you Sir! What is the inspiration for this build and please let us all follow along. If I'm lucky enough that Fasteddy and Silverbear come by here next year I'll suggest Fasteddy stop and see you. He will likely head up your way to visit his son. Sure would like to have the opportunity to learn from the both of you and a few of the other fellas.

good luck,
Dan

Reactions: fasteddy

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Silverbear and I should be in Maryland for sure. My son is going to be in South America/Central America/Mexico riding his bike back to Vermont from Uruguay where he left it when he rode down a couple of years ago. Still planning to go to the East coast to see friends there this summer. When is the meet in Pennsylvania? We may be able to coordinate our trip back East to include it.

That is one fascinating build Russel. Looking forward to how your going to assemble it.

Steve.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Normally Jay holds the rally on the first weekend in Aug. I've done a few tri state runs, but never did a tri country run!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thank you for the information Russel. I would like to make the run to meet all the people who's great builds I've followed. I'll wait to see if Jay post information on the ride.

Steve.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I am looking for an older toro/tecumseh 2 cycle engine. It must be the older version that uses points, not solid state , as I will not be using the magnito. I prefer one in running condition.

Found the engine That I need on e-bay for $20
Recieved it and is exactly what I needed.