Want opinions on new engine

GoldenMotor.com

Ryan@656

Dec 12, 2018
Hey there im new to this scene and currently have the bbr 66cc kit. I chopped up and made a diamondback bike work but found that im not happy with the speed and performance of this setup. Im wanting to buy the 26" frame from bbr and possibly build a good engine for it. Im wanting to either a. Know the better engines available or b. Know what to get for a good performance build. Any opinions would be appreciated thanks

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Ryan its hard to recommend what will or will not perform for you, if you search though the threads on this forum you can learn a lot of ways to improve what you have now. The people here that get big numbers from theirs didn't do it overnight, it takes a lot of experimenting with different combinations to find the right set up. The members with high performance bikes have spent many hours trying and changing things to get more.

Ryan@656

Dec 12, 2018
That's kind of what i thought id end up having to do. Just thought id try and shorten the process if anyone knew a solid combination of parts they know work. Ive already bought two intakes that don't work or fit and a reed setup that robs power. But thank you for the advice I'll just spend some time searching through the forum

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Don't get caught up in the hype of advertising, a lot of people advertise "high performance" for products just to sell them. The CNS carb has been advertised as high performance but is no better than a stock nt , a lot of the exhausts on eBay say the same but after being cut open and inspected they are not as advertised.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Probably the single best upgrade is a expansion chamber tuned to your engine, if you look at the performance section more people custom build their own. A lot of gain can be had with a good pipe.

Ryan@656

Dec 12, 2018
People really build their own? Ive read that an expansion chamber is really important but all the required information I'd really have to look into it to find out exactly how to do it

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Welcome! One thing you can do is go for a smaller tooth rear sprocket if you want more top end but it will be more sluggish going up hills, If you switch to a 36 tooth sprocket you will gain quite a bit more speed on the flats.

Last edited: