vibration !!

GoldenMotor.com

gill vanderwerf

Sep 9, 2019
i have been reading a lot of articles about the terrible vibrations some people have with the 2 stroke motor....myself included

and there still seems to be a divide in the mount it straight to frame and use rubber strips.
and i was reading that someone used lead strips that reduced the vibration . would like to know if there are any other tricks to reduce vibration because one thing is clear and that is that long term vibration will lead to metal fatigue and will cause damage to your frame and other parts in time.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
There is no 'divide'... All experienced builders agree that using rubber between the engine & frame is a 'cheap fix' that will eventually lead to the engine mount bolts breaking.

I've built 1000s of these bikes since 2007 & I'll testify that bolting the engine solid & square to the frame is the best way to go. (^)

One of my tricks for protecting the frame is to slice a small piece of steel EMT pipe to insert as a shim between the engine & frame to protect the frame from vibration damage.

gill vanderwerf

Sep 9, 2019
i looked at those ytube vids but all i see is that you have to mess with your crankshaft there is no way i am messing with that i don't have the expertise for that.