Use of a Voice Server

GoldenMotor.com

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
I am BIG (huge) into online gaming. I am a member of an elite gaming squad named Old School Killas (OSK). I am an XO, actually, and the teams webmaster (check us out ..:|| OSK Gaming ||:.. 'Old School Killas' )

Anyway, we use a voice server to help us coordinate in games. It's called Ventrilo (Ventrilo - Surround Sound Voice Communication Software). There is other software also, like Teamspeak. I was wondering if this community could benefit from the use of this. I believe sometimes typing words in a forum is slow and just doesn't convey the message/tone sometimes.

What you guys think? It would be open to all, free to operate. Scalable, and manageable.

Just a thought.

Oh, any other online PC gamers out there? I like Call of Duty 4, Delta Force Series games, Joint Operations, and Age of Empires 2...Most are First Person Shooter military type games.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i like to be able to look back on all that is said. with real time speak thier is no record. this way if we have a problem or need to research something we can see all that is said. for a game site it would be awesome though. i may add chat to this forum in the future. for now i am still working on getting to the break even point

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I'm a big time multi tasker. I can't listen to things without devoting my full attention to them. I would rather read the info. That way I can read, work on a project, and IM someone all at the same time.:D:eek: Kinda weird huh....................................

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
i like to be able to look back on all that is said. with real time speak thier is no record. this way if we have a problem or need to research something we can see all that is said. for a game site it would be awesome though. i may add chat to this forum in the future. for now i am still working on getting to the break even point
ok, i see your point...but what do you mean by 'break even'...funding?

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
yes i spent a a good amount of money for programs and other things to get the site where it is today.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I'm all for it as long as I don't have to keep it running, explain how to use it, install it, touch it, be near it, smell it, upgrade it, hear it, see it, ectrotfl
Later Tramp(c)