Upgraded china girl w expansion chamber pull 32T?

GoldenMotor.com

Soraandaxell

Sep 18, 2018
hello all
I have a 26 inch beach cruiser that has volt master BBR cdi, B5hS spark plug, and just bolted on my expansion chamber muffler. I had tried a 32 tooth sprocket before the expansion chamber with stock muffler and I wanted to melt the bike into a piece of lawn furniture....
My question is (I’m thinking of going with the Cnc sprocket adaptor) what would be better? A 36 or can my set up handle a 32 now? I returned the last 32 so I don’t want to buy another failure sprocket...
I’m useing this as my commute about 7 miles round trip daily. I’m 130lbs and it’s all flat to work. Shoot, the one hill I do have close to my area, the little engine hauled me up 30+mph.

Soraandaxell

Sep 18, 2018
I’d not push it to its limit, but I’d like to have lower rpms at 25-30mph. I just put my expansion chamber on; I’ve heard it leans your mixture slightly, I’m wondering if I should tune my carb back to the middle notch? (currently 2nd from the top) because it wants to idle higher than it did with the stock muffler, especially with a slight throttle given, the motor takes a second before idle rpm drops again. Not a stuck throttle cable and no leak on the carb...

Soraandaxell

Sep 18, 2018
It’s a USA banana muffler style expansion chamber. No header piping. What should I see an increase in?

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
I don't see any harm in running a little higher RPM and not lugging the engine. The fuel does a significant amount of cooling of the engine as odd as it sounds. I have a 700C and am going to a 9 tooth primary sprocket to get the RPM up a little with a 36 tooth rear. Larry