Unidentifiable Engine Issue Need Help!!

GoldenMotor.com

Brandonbcc1224

Feb 26, 2021
I wish there was a better way to attach a video here so I can show the issue but I'll try my best to explain it for now. I just built a Schwinn OCC Stingray motorbike. The engine I have on it is a Seeutek PK80 66cc/80cc 2 stroke. The engine itself runs fine, however, there is a constant loud, high-pitched squeaking noise while the engine is running (idling and moving). When I ride the bike normally without starting the engine, there are no noises or issues but as soon as I start the engine, so does the squeaking. I should also add that the squeaking persists regardless of the clutch being engaged or disengaged. Originally I thought the clutch pads were rubbing but after adjusting it and applying a generous amount of grease to the main drivetrain, the problem is still not solved. The engine runs superb despite this minor issue but it really takes away from the overall riding experience so I'm hoping someone on this thread could at the very least point me in the right direction towards a solution. I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to motorbikes and this is my first time posting on this forum so I'll try to get back to your replies as soon as possible. Any suggestions and/or advice is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal

Brandonbcc1224

Feb 26, 2021
I wish there was a better way to attach a video here so I can show the issue but I'll try my best to explain it for now. I just built a Schwinn OCC Stingray motorbike. The engine I have on it is a Seeutek PK80 66cc/80cc 2 stroke. The engine itself runs fine, however, there is a constant loud, high-pitched squeaking noise while the engine is running (idling and moving). When I ride the bike normally without starting the engine, there are no noises or issues but as soon as I start the engine, so does the squeaking. I should also add that the squeaking persists regardless of the clutch being engaged or disengaged. Originally I thought the clutch pads were rubbing but after adjusting it and applying a generous amount of grease to the main drivetrain, the problem is still not solved. The engine runs superb despite this minor issue but it really takes away from the overall riding experience so I'm hoping someone on this thread could at the very least point me in the right direction towards a solution. I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to motorbikes and this is my first time posting on this forum so I'll try to get back to your replies as soon as possible. Any suggestions and/or advice is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.
Update: I did some digging on the thread wrench attached to his reply which eventually led me to a post of someone who had the same engine and same problem as me. Turns out it wasn't the clutch it was my head gasket that was too loose. After taking off the head to make sure everything was good, I put it back together and made sure to tighten it down a little more (I don't have a torque wrench so I'm not sure how tight). After I tightened down the head screws the squealing noise went away. I hope people can use this post as a way to diagnose this issue in the future because at first this had me baffled as to what the problem could be.