Two broken piston rings…

GoldenMotor.com

lilchunkyboy

May 12, 2021
I took my cylinder off to look at my exhaust threads, In the process of putting it back on, top piston ring broke., I had planned to go on a ride the following day. I researched and discovered, that you can ultimately ride with one piston ring, and that I should put the unbroken piston ring on top, In the process I broke the ring that wasn’t broken. I’m so impatient and I just want to ride, I am frustrated not only with myself but the piston rings, I ordered 2 new 80cc piston rings of eBay. Who knows how long these piston rings are going to take to arrive…

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
You have to line up the ends of the rings with the pins in the grooves of the piston, they are on the back of the piston on each side of the intake port. I just squeeze the ring with one hand and slide the cylinder on with the other.

Reactions: Larry Trotter

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
I ordered 2 new 80cc piston rings of eBay. Who knows how long these piston rings are going to take to arrive…
The Piston rings you ordered will take 6 - 9 months to be delivered LOL jkn

Check the tracking # or E mail the seller and ask

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
eBay gives you an estimated delivery date. My suggestion is that you purchase from a US seller if you want them before you are too old to ride the bike. Amazon is likely better if you want faster delivery.

lilchunkyboy

May 12, 2021
eBay gives you an estimated delivery date. My suggestion is that you purchase from a US seller if you want them before you are too old to ride the bike. Amazon is likely better if you want faster delivery.
I live in Australia, so I bought of a seller in AU.

lilchunkyboy

May 12, 2021
it seemed to have snapped when i was trying to quite gently trying to move one up. If you could take me through what to do, that would be greatly appreciated.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I wipe oil on the inside of the cylinder at the bottom, add a little on the rings as well then squeeze the top ring with the ends against the pin in the groove while sliding the cylinder on, I have used a piece of wood across the cases to set the piston down on to get the cylinder on easier. Start the rings on one at a time starting at the end of the ring,hold the end down the piston slightly while pushing the ring down in a circular motion. Make sure the rings are on with the indexing pin notch in the right direction, you can get them upside down.