Totally new to this

GoldenMotor.com

Tbird5

Aug 8, 2019
Hi friends, so , ive messed around getting some old mopeds up and running, and this seems like a fun project to take on. My questions are probably basic, but ill ask anyway. Do you guys think an old trek 850 26" is a good candidate for this. The bikes gears dont work, so will the gears be needed to complete the conversion. Thanks in advance.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome. Steel Trek 850 is a good choice. You can ride a geared bike like a single speed. Place the chain on the rear cog that you like and the adjust the limit screws on the derrailer to keep the chain on that one gear.

Tbird5

Aug 8, 2019
Th
Hi friends, so , ive messed around getting some old mopeds up and running, and this seems like a fun project to take on. My questions are probably basic, but ill ask anyway. Do you guys think an old trek 850 26" is a good candidate for this. The bikes gears dont work, so will the gears be needed to complete the conversion. Thanks in advance.
Than for the info
Welcome. Steel Trek 850 is a good choice. You can ride a geared bike like a single speed. Place the chain on the rear cog that you like and the adjust the limit screws on the derrailer to keep the chain on that one gear.
Thanks for the help!

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
I'm installing an 80cc kit on a a Trek 830 mountain bike and so far the engine fits good.

BrandFord2140

Oct 19, 2019
I have had my 48cc so far running about 2 to 3 months and I can say it's been very fun time I've completely built a bicycle from a single speed to a 21 speed full custom shifting on the gears on the bicycle side complete custom spring chain tensioner on the engine side and I've just been having fun with it so far I believe I'm running a 40 to 1 oil to fuel mixture and it's been running good found out in the last few that the 2-stroke oil fuel mix dies my bike now has a rough idle and very low power