Top end is not there

GoldenMotor.com

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
As you guys alredy know I had alot issues with my carb
but I have here up and running for now! rotfl

But the top end is not there I thinik since the carb is further away from the engine I neet to move the needle clip!

I think I need to move it down a notch

i think I need to change my fuel mixture to 1/24 parts

I have too much oil I have about 300 miles on the bike now , and I live 118 ft feet above sea level.

I do consider this carb setup as a temporaty fix as I have said in my other posts. :D

:ride2:

Attachments

Joshua

Jun 8, 2008
usa
I had to do the same kind of change to my carb, let me know how the changes work for you. I have about 75-100 miles on mine and it will run 20 mph or so now. I run a 28:1 oil mix and have the e-clip on the second notch from the top.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Run it for awhile and a) see if it gets better as it breaks in (it will) and b) remove your plug and take a look see...does it look rich?

IMHO changing the needle clip doesn't change the WOT running too much. AND people think their engines are running lean and maybe they are actually running rich.......

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I wonder how many people cut their 2 stroke teeth on Cox model engines....running those as a kid make tuning two stroke easy for me now as far as two stroke/four stroke/rich/lean goes.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I wonder how many people cut their 2 stroke teeth on Cox model engines....running those as a kid make tuning two stroke easy for me now as far as two stroke/four stroke/rich/lean goes.
2 stroke...nothin yet. I cut my general motorhead teeth on a 302ci V8 Mustang though :)