Thread Size

GoldenMotor.com

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
What thread pattern for an m7 would match up with a 1/4" by 28. The 1/4" by 28 seemed to have matched with the bolt that started this whole conversation, but the fact that you say that 8.8 is a metric bolt grade makes me think otherwise.
A 7mm x 1.0 bolt will not screw into a 1/4" x 28 nut

I just checked in my garage what metric bolt screws into a 1/4" x 28 nut
A 6mm x 1.0 bolt will screw into a 1/4" x 28 nut It almost seems to match but I can tell it's kinda loose - No Match

If ya put any torque on that bolt it will strip out

You got a 6mm x 1.0 bolt

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
What thread pattern for an m7 would match up with a 1/4" by 28. The 1/4" by 28 seemed to have matched with the bolt that started this whole conversation, but the fact that you say that 8.8 is a metric bolt grade makes me think otherwise.
I don't always figure out the differences between USA and metric nuts and bolts.
So excuse me for suggesting it was a 7mm bolt

I always get confused with metric thread pitch even though it's suppose to be easier.

I get mixed up because with USA bolts the higher the number the finer the thread.
With Metric bolts the lower the number the finer the thread

Metric measures one thread width
USA measures threads per inch

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Here's a conversion table. The closest thing I've ever been able to do is thread a 5/16">18 threaded rod coupling onto a M8>1.5 bolt.

I'm starting to get my USA and metric nuts and bolts mixed up. Which ain't good.
Starting to cause me to search a little bit when looking for nuts and bolts I better start to organize my nut and bolt organizer. I guess that's why it's called an organizer. Ha Ha LOL