This site needs an English lesson.

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
I'm just gonna type to is and let the sites auyocorraut and word prediction handle how it comes out on.

It likes to change words for me, ecen when I Don want it to, and decided what words I should be ising, even when they're not even real words, or have no business even being in that sentence.

And when I try to use predictive type, it just adds lettletters and crap. Like, I know I spelle d the word wrong, I'm typing on my phone with big fingerscand not paying attention, because whocatewh if I spell correctly when I'm trying to explain the same thing over and over.

Autofill is great, too. Don dint don't know how many times I just keep piling poking a word and it just keeps changing to to something that's not even a word.

This is the only site thstthi happens to me on. It's like it had its own language coded in by a three-day weekend year old who learned English from someone else to hat runs a meme page on Instagram.

I've typed out respons to people and then just given up due to the absolutel El stupidity of having to go back and manuall y edit my posts.

Bah. Who cares...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Greg58 and indian22

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I do 'cause I was mostly blaming it on old timers disease & my poor keying skills and I feel better knowing that some of it isn't my fault and my posts are being buggered by the phantom editor.

Rick C.

erics

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for the input bairdco!

I'm pretty sure this is related to your device's keyboard settings. I believe some keyboards are more aggressive with this than others.

There aren't any specific site setting that should be causing this. It does seem odd that you only see the issue on this site. I don't know how to explain that.

I've fooled around with it a bit trying to recreate the issue. On my desktop, nothing auto corrects in Firefox or Chrome. That said, my misspellings are mine alone :)

On my Android phone both Firefox and Chrome do have this issue, but it happens in browsers, email, really everywhere I use my phone's keyboard. I've figure out, that for me it only happens on my Samsung keyboard. I can either choose a different keyboard or toggle auto correct off.

How to best stop it for you and others is going to be specific to your device and keyboard type.

If you want to let me know what browser and device type your using, I can try to point you in the right direction if you can find the settings. Otherwise you can probably find it by just googling "android keyboard auto correct", "iphone keyboard auto correct", or even "android change keyboard".

Hope that helps!
Eric

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
There used to be an old euphemism/coded message found in some of London's phone boxes on cards with phone numbers. "French lessons", I think you have all drawn your own conclusions; I am concerned, however, what form "English lessons" may take. :)

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
I am not having that issue. Must be only some web browsers. Code can be used to make different web browsers see different things.