They Gave me a ticket!!!!!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
i got a ticket because "i didn't have a skid brake because i was dragging my feet" i do have a skid brake , but i was just cruising. and he INSISTS that i don't have a skid brake, yet i have disc brakes......... HMMM.......:crash:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i would take a picture of both rear and front brakes and take to court to show the judge. that is ridiculous

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thanks ibncya. I did Google before I asked. Musta typoed.

Thats nuts!!! Must be a blue law Edge. CA. is dang confusing.
CT., under 50cc and 30 MPH. done.

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
you do not want to skid the tires because lose control front and rear making it very dangerous. a skidding tire travels farther than a properly braked tire. if not why would all high priced cars a semi-trucks have anti-skid brake systems. tell the judge and the prosecutor that.

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
i ood av petended i wuz pecial an gave him hug and a kiss and said i do have skid marks see dropped my droors !! lmfao !!!! got around the corner and laghed my ass off but do not try this without lots of practice it could get you into more trouble id just pay the ticket and be done with it sounds like a typical ball busting to me PEACE !!!!

pole-sitter

Oct 20, 2008
weeki wachee, florida
back in the 60's some of the first mini-bikes I ever saw ... had what wuz called a
'skid-brake'......it was comprized of a bar that you applied foot pressure to... that actually made a metal skid plate come into contact with the tire on the thread portion...
that slowed the bike down by skuffing/friction with the tire. I don't think they were that good...people i saw with 'em hardly ever used them ... more for eemergency/ maybe. and who knows how they would work when wet.
ps. ~ there were no disc brakes back then....some go carts had 'em too.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
HI edge, I do have some wonderment about your situation.

you WERE wearing a DOT class helmet?
doing LESS than 30mph?
did display proudly your Mandatory Moped license plate?
were obeying all laws at the time?
Were NOT having a modified excessively loud exhaust?
You had M2, M1 or permit in pocket?

I don't know why you would have been stopped if all these CA basics were in place?

IF you were all in compliance, then I'd be presenting to the Judge, that you do not understand the motive for stopping you.

IF, tho, you fell short in any catagory, you may not want to mention any of that, and just take your lumps.

Let me know what is going on with you, as I remember Monrovia is a Los Angeles Suburb?

Mike