The random tandem

GoldenMotor.com

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
I've recently decided to use a Schwinn tandem for my next build. Is there anything I should know before I start my build?

Weak spots in the frame etc etc... If you take a look at my pictures this is kind of what I plan on doing.

Sorry for the lame graphics but my phone doesn't have a good paint app on it but you get the idea.

The third picture is what I'm shooting for it to look like or thereabouts.

I'm using a 100cc zeda that's been built with an f2 thruster and velocity stack reeded carb accessory coil for power,, stand alone coil and CDI and a few other little trinkets.

Anybody have any input I would appreciate it.

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I've been looking around the forum and haven't found any links to a tandem frame that was altered. My suggestion would be to see if you can find a lugged frame your problems will be less likely to happen. Other than that I'm going to guess that it will be up to you to brace whatever you think may be a weak area. I'll look around some more but tandems were few and far between.

Steve.

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
I've been looking around the forum and haven't found any links to a tandem frame that was altered. My suggestion would be to see if you can find a lugged frame your problems will be less likely to happen. Other than that I'm going to guess that it will be up to you to brace whatever you think may be a weak area. I'll look around some more but tandems were few and far between.

Steve.
Thanks Freddy! You rock bro.

I found a couple videos on YouTube about people that have turned them into bicycles for one but nothing as far as being altered for "motor-fication" purposes. I will keep looking too and let you know what I find.

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Billet h.c.head, new f2 thruster with immaculate welds, yd 100 lower case new bearings seals and gaskets, the stand alone CDI and spark coil I got off eBay from a guy who builds them "custom" for different models of c.g. engines.

I cut and welded the frame to accommodate the larger motor.

When it's all stacked together the LD is 1/3 bigger in size... So much so that I'm sure to get pulled over by the "river rangers" to inspect it...

Luckily as big as it is, it's still under the limit.
I was watching a vid that said the LD is comparable to an actual 82 cc where as the phantom 85 is actually that, 85 cc .

So if they decide to push the point I am under what the biggest one can be by 3 cc.

I'm gonna go eat and snap a couple pics.

Attachments