Tas Spitz/ Bike Bug Info Center

GoldenMotor.com

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
Hi all,

I was blessed to find one of these, it is an older one.

Now when it comes on finding stuff on the web, I rarely have a problem.

When it came down to this engine, the only place I could originally find any info was this predator.

Bike Bug

Want to buy some parts... well you have to buy his photocopies
"Literature" first.

B.S!

I'd like for all of you who have knowledge of this engine to please put it here.

Thank you!

Last edited:

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
Aye, there we have it.
Thank you Google!

To order, go to our dealer locator and contact your nearest dealer. If your local dealer does not have the part you need, call 1-888-4TANAKA.

Last edited:

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
"We do not sell parts unless you have our literature."

"PARTS ARE NOT SOLD UNLESS CLIENT HAS A SET OF THE APPROPRIATE LITERATURE"

Our Literature is from people like you and some from old but new in the box engines we have purchased.

The literature we supply and mail to you for $25.00 in the US..

So, one you can't spell, two you take info that others have supplied you plus info that you did not create, and yet you can sell it... for $25.00
Printing this stuff on parchment, are you?

This is and will be the informational clearing house for the bike bug, and here you've shown up and provided nothing.

So I will stand by my "predator" statement.

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
It would seem that Mr. Bikebug, has come and removed his post to me, the above is a response to.

How about that, a guy with all of the info on the bikebug, and he did not even leave a morsel here.

I will never do biz with this dufus, his part list has the little rubber hose that connects the exhaust at $25.00 must be hyper space hose, a skate wheel with a hole drilled in it $25.00

Just a bad actor.

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
AH! Look who is back and it has brought SPAM.

You know Mr. Bug, I have traveled the web, to find info on this engine from all round the world, some of the most obscure moped sites in Swedish!

AND there you are, with your SPAM.... come to my site, let me bend you over and give you what I got.

Why don't you show you have some class and post your "literature" ie. the free info people have given you as well as the fine folks at Tananka, who wrote the owners manual, you fell is your GOD given right to sell.

Just to let you know, if you had, you'd have shown you have a pair, you might also have created interest in the bikebug.

Since they are not buying a pig in a poke.

BUT hey, what do I know YOU are the businessman!

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
Part Price Description Part Image
New Engine $500.00 QBM-23 & QBM 23 NA available.
Reconditioned Engine $350.00
One month warranty - we do take trade-ins for non-working engines
Drive Wheel $32.00
The Drive Wheel is another item that has been improved on design. The rubber of the drive hub simply deteriorates with age and wear. We have put a neoprene high-speed roller skate wheel (62 mm) over the aluminum drive hub. It wears less, vibrates the engines less and bike goes slightly faster per revolution.
Drive Hub
$30.00
Replacement for original Drive Hub that mounts on drive shaft.
Left Handed Retaining Nut $5.00 Holds Drive Hub onto Drive Shaft.
Gas Tank Cap
$20.00
The Safety Gas Tank Cap has a safety-retaining ring that prevents loss. The ring slips over the gas tank neck and stays in place when the cap is removed to add gasoline. An original gas tank cap that does not have the safety ring.
Fuel Pump Kit
$28.00
The pump gasket, diagraphm, and free valve with instructions and hints to make this replacement of parts go correctly (Parts being misaligned - pump will not function) with minimum time and lost of small pieces. These instructions are in addition the owner's manual and workshop manual. Instructions in kit on how to replace fuel lines will avoid damage to the fuel pump hosing that is extremely difficult to correct if you pull the brass inlets out.

Correct installation of pump parts is critical - if done incorecctly you can damage the cylinder with hydraulic ram force when attemping to start engine.

Test procedure with primer pump confirms correct installation.
Air Filter
$7.00
This is a two cycle engine foam filter cut to fit in the air intake housing. It if gasoline washable and will last for many years. It is critical to keep this filter replaced and clean for good combustion.
Electronic Ignition/ Spark Plug Kit
$35.00 This computer ignition kit replaces troublesome points and condenser. Easily installed. A New NGK BM6A Spark Plug is included with the replacement of condenser and points.
Foot Valve Kit
$28.00
This kit is a fuel filter and one way check valve combination mounted in the gas tank suction line that keeps the fuel pump primed.
Primer Valve Kit
$25.00
This kit is a primer bulb, one way check valve, tubing, brass inlets combination mounted above the fuel tank in the fuel line to prime the carburetor.
Muffler to Sub Muffler Extension Hose
$25.00
We have researched and experimented with various arrangements and have developed a wire reinforced high temperature hose that with stand the high temperatures developed by the engine. The current hoses we are selling have lasted for five years. In ordering this hose it is important for us to know the size hose you need. The models have changed over the years and this hose size has increased on later models.
Adapter Kit $20.00 For wider forks
Extension Kit $20.00 For bikes with front brakes
Fuel Lines $6.00
Primer Pump $28.00
Fender $15.00 Covers drive wheel - Prevents road dirt from being thrown on driver
Catalog Information:

Parts we have developed are: " Drive Roller Wheel (62mm - Faster, lasts longer, than original replacement) " Drive Hub " Safety Gas Tank Cap " Fuel Pump Kit " Air Filter " Electronic Ignition/ Spark Plug Kit " Muffler to Submuffler Extension Hose " Primer Pump " Foot Valve Fuel Filter " Fender for Drive Hub " Mounting Kit for New Model Bike (5 ½" forks versus older 3 ½" forks)

PARTS ARE NOT SOLD UNLESS CLIENT HAS A SET OF THE APPROPRIATE LITERATURE.

Other Parts
Our Literature is from people like you and some from old but new in the box engines we have purchased.

We have large odd lot large parts from engines that were in various stages of repair from a Sears Serviceman Estate. Tell me what you need from the parts list and we will see if we have one or can build some.

The literature we supply and mail to you for $25.00 in the US. Send a check to - Don't waste money on a money order: Most Part Orders can be included for additional $12.00.
Bike Bug
713-962-2681

Mike Schneider
1307 Country Place Circle
Houston, Texas 77079
713-962-2681
[email protected]

VISIT OUR ONLINE STORE HERE

Here ya go Bubba, I done spammed your whole page for you, you do pussy foot around don't you?

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
You know Amigo, by now you might feel justa little shamed by now.

Now the bikebug is no screaming monster, fine for mom and dad to motor around.
But if you want to sell these things you might want to look a little more like a sheep than a shark.

Now show me you have some class, and post "Your Literature" as I'd buy one for my mom, she thinks they are cute.

So how ya gonna act?