Tapered hub and sprocket adapter

GoldenMotor.com

Steveobass

Jul 16, 2018
Hello,
I'm getting ready to start ordering parts for my first build.
I have a rear hub that is tapered, will this cause a problem with the sprocket adapter?
I have another rear wheel I could use that has a straight hub, but I would rather not use it if possible.
Thank you in advance for your time and advise!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I suppose some adapters could fit (or be trimmed to fit) within the straight portion, but why not use the rag joint?

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
One more vote for the stock rag joint. It can be a bit fussy to install but really not that difficult. Once it is installed correctly, it is fine, and no undo strain on the spokes in my chimp opinion.

Echobay

Jul 16, 2018
Hello,
I'm getting ready to start ordering parts for my first build.
I have a rear hub that is tapered, will this cause a problem with the sprocket adapter?
I have another rear wheel I could use that has a straight hub, but I would rather not use it if possible.
Thank you in advance for your time and advise!
I suggest you simply go friction drive, honda ghx50 is the most reliable set up. Staton is the best supplier.
Add a rear hub with a cassette. The motorized bike you are building must be able to pedal with the speed of the engine (pedal assist)...otherwise you have just built a pitiful motorcycle on a weak bicycle frame

Attachments