Super heavy duty front freewheel

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Last year we decided to go to the source and have a custom freewheel made. As you might imagine, having a custom freewheel manufactured is not an inexpensive proposition, but we wanted a bulletproof front freewheel. Made in USA exclusively for Sick Bike Parts by White Industries.

Super Heavy Duty Freewheel

Also we are now selling a freewheel removal tool.

Freewheel Removal Tool

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Wow,

That is a great price on such a bullet-proof part. I was quoted $100 on a White Industries freewheel last summer. (freewheel sprocket)

The BMX guys swear that they are the absolute best.

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I know some of the low budget guys will go by price alone and somehow think we are making a killing....and that's alright. I don't really blame them for thinking that way. People in the US and Canada are so used to the "China price". But as you state with knowledge, the price is pretty darn good. Our margin is razor thin.

I haven't even had time to put one on my bike yet!! .bld..shft.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
So take any three piece crank and replace the sprocket with that part then add on the sprocket and your golden?

And if machined right wouldn't that in theory also work with a one piece crank? (Screw it on,lock it down add sprocket)

Last edited:

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
So take any three piece crank and replace the sprocket with that part then add on the sprocket and your golden?
Not really. You will need cranks to match. And your spindle needs to be wide enough, and you need two chain rings if motor driven.

And if machined right wouldn't that in theory also work with a one piece crank? (Screw it on,lock it down add sprocket)
Can't see how it would work with a one piece, and it's just way easier, faster and less expensive to convert the BB.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Ooh, heavy duty.

So I take it these would be for people who are either really hard on their front freewheel, or have a decent amount of power?

robert.smu

May 14, 2011
poland
Hello,

can someone post photos, how to use this freewheel adapter. I was reading description, but I cant imagine how to use it. Is it possible to work with normal shimano holowtech cranks?

Thanks, Robert

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
is the free wheel on this thread the same freewheel in the Heavy duty shift kits on the site or does it need to be bought to upgrade the HD shift kits

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
is the free wheel on this thread the same freewheel in the Heavy duty shift kits on the site or does it need to be bought to upgrade the HD shift kits
Yes it is the same one that is included in the heavy duty shift kit.

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalo...ducts_id=86&osCsid=qu8jb31e3rqabt50mqmrl107s0

The difference between HD and standard kit: HD kit comes with our specially designed Heavy Duty Freewheel for those more aggressive riders and engines with compression mods.
See it in the pic of the HD Shifter Kit?

Last edited: