Suggestions please all and any Thanks..

GoldenMotor.com

ChinaGhost

Mar 11, 2022
I installed a TC-Motor Carb same intake size bigger air filter, along with Niome 2n1 Reed Kit, plastic reeds. (Carbo Fiber reeds are en route) I also windowed my piston too. Starts sounds good sorta... won't idle, also when throttling the gas the engine will not hit a high rpm and wind out stays steady at say 2200( just throwing number out no clue where rpms at). Anyone experience this or have a idea what possibly I did wrong? Thanks for any help

Reactions: fasteddy

ChinaGhost

Mar 11, 2022
Pictures of your setup will help
I did change out the plastic reeds with the carbon fiber ones, same result. I did discover that when I windowed the piston it's not the same size as the intake port, and possibly causing a restriction? ( I'm not sure how that all works) which I will try to do today

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Did you take picture of the window in the piston? It doesn't have to be as wide as the port as long as it's taller than the port.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I tune a carb by getting it running right at full throttle then adjust the needle for idle to mid range. If you change to a larger main jet you sometimes have to lower the needle to prevent a rich condition a lower rpm.

Reactions: ChinaGhost

ChinaGhost

Mar 11, 2022
OK so I finally realized I windowed both sides of the piston, explains the flooding now that i think about it and realized I wasn't supposed to. T hanks everyone. Now to find a long connecting rod for the new piston I got