Stuck nut what do I do

GoldenMotor.com

Ralph hop

Nov 14, 2019
All three ways can work. Could be a double nut, a clamp, or a driver that will eventually do the trick. What I have learned is to just stare when drinking and don't touch! To work on a bike or to ride a bike after or later or at the time is a bad outcome. I do like to drink some while cleaning up and that is when I gather my thoughts about the project. My agriculture teacher taught us about ruminating, it's what a cow does most of the day but has a deeper meaning.

Reactions: breath_easy13

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
All three ways can work. Could be a double nut, a clamp, or a driver that will eventually do the trick. What I have learned is to just stare when drinking and don't touch! To work on a bike or to ride a bike after or later or at the time is a bad outcome. I do like to drink some while cleaning up and that is when I gather my thoughts about the project. My agriculture teacher taught us about ruminating, it's what a cow does most of the day but has a deeper meaning.
yeah, its funny, sometimes ill have a beer or 2, and i actually figure how to fix something or make it work more effectively, other times ill have a can of rootbeer and some whiskey and start breaking stuff. lesson learned for sure.

- i have 2 bolts but my wrench is to fat, i ordered a thinner craftsman wrench for like 7 bucks. im going to try the bolt trick with smaller wrench, it worked before so, well see. if not i may just leave it, throw a nut on it. then when i go to the weld shop in the near future for a legit welded elbow pipe set up, im sure theyll have the right tools to use and not angry whiskey strength

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
let me throw this at you.

its sunday, you girl says "we never go out anymore" so, you decide to go hiking w the dogs. Knowing she'll want to hit up the local craft bar and food trucks on the way back. have a few brews, then on the way notice there just happens to be a lowes next to the target, so you offer to buy diapers, and say you have to run into lowes. Walking outta lowes with diapers, stack of 9/16th washers and a needle file kit on sale for 6.99. - perfect sunday

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
only to wake up monday morning to realize for some reason although 9/16th washers match the the original washer size, the ones your purchased are off by 2 hairs that dont allow them to work on the shaft. so i wont just be grinding the notch but the 12 washers need to be shaved down to fit the DI of the shaft. :-||

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Grind flats on the last 1/4” of it and grab it with vise grips or a wrench.

Put a 5/16 or 3/8 nut over it, weld in the center and use a half or 9/16 wrench to remove it.

Tighten two nuts against each other and use them to back it out.

Cut it off and use a left hand drill bit to drill it out.

Cut the alcohol out. When you stop for a while like 6mo to a year and then try the craft ipas you wonder to yourself “how could I have ever drank this nasty sh*t”

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
Grind flats on the last 1/4” of it and grab it with vise grips or a wrench.

Put a 5/16 or 3/8 nut over it, weld in the center and use a half or 9/16 wrench to remove it.

Tighten two nuts against each other and use them to back it out.

Cut it off and use a left hand drill bit to drill it out.

Cut the alcohol out. When you stop for a while like 6mo to a year and then try the craft ipas you wonder to yourself “how could I have ever drank this nasty sh*t”
going to try the 2 bolt trick. yeah idk, i enjoy a good beer and some food cart tacos every now and again

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
Last time I had to remove a broken stud (broken off flush) it took me ten minutes or less.

It's been four days, man. Grab that thing with vice grips and twist it out already.
yeah i dont have vice grips, and the thing is dead stuck on, i dont think vice grips would do anything but strip the bolt