Stolen in Central Tucson....

GoldenMotor.com
Feb 16, 2019
Around Jan 15 at the Wal Mart, Grant and Alvernon in Tucson AZ around 7 pm, my Columbia Klunker (purple) was stolen from off the bike rack on the south side of the building nearest the entrance. It had a 66/80 cc 2 stroke motor with no special features except for a metalic blue carb intake and the definate need for a paint job. The thief(s) were fast and low key. I was gone for 20 min and the shopping center was packed with people, (and security cameras), and of course NO ONE WITNESSED ANYTHING, INCLUDING THE CAMERAS!!! TPD is "looking into the matter". Does this sound famaliar to anyone in my area on this site? The bike is/was legally registered to me and is sorely missed. The jpg is an older pic with another motor but the bike is the same.

Attachments

Porter Wheeler

Apr 20, 2019
Tucson Police Department nor Pima County Sheriff's Department doesn't actively pursue any vehicle thefts or property crimes in general. The county prosecutor won't prosecute unless the perpetrator is wanted for other crimes and has an active warrant.

Feb 16, 2019
Tucson Police Department nor Pima County Sheriff's Department doesn't actively pursue any vehicle thefts or property crimes in general. The county prosecutor won't prosecute unless the perpetrator is wanted for other crimes and has an active warrant.
Too many loopholes for the scandalous to belly-crawl through, so why prosecute? Put actual EFFORT into a case concerning a vehicle, (well... mabey) OH, NEVERMIND, It's just a tweaker and his (former) motorized bike....
It seems you are correct in this P.W. After initial contact, I was contacted once for additional info. Later my MB was actually spotted 1.5 mi from my house being casually ridden by some fat white dude. I knew within minutes of its spotting thanx to Next Door, (which TPD monitors). I made calls, sent emails, and heard back 2 days later.

Feb 16, 2019
....And the latest action from TPD on my case is........................ A mailed form inquiring as to the "status" of my vehicle. "Did you find your vehicle? Cuz we didn't. Oh BTW you need to mail this back filled out or we remove stolen status from your vehicle!"
In other words, I'm never going to see my first build again, so just bend over, relax, take it all (And don't even think about a reach-around!)

Attachments