Stihl ms660 54mm project

Discussion in 'High Performance Bicycle Engine Tips and Motorized' started by mrfubs, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Jaggerd02

Jaggerd02 New Member

This is a old thread, they probably won’t reply. I’m about to build one of these myself and have the same question, when I get my cylinder kit later this week I’ll take the measurements and link one. From what I know you do not want the self lubricating style because they will wear quicker.

2. Valerii Ostapenko

Valerii Ostapenko New Member

hello please tell me the copper bush will not be wiped off quickly or is it special

3. javy mcdees

javy mcdees Active Member

on Facebook look for Mark James/ Bradley White/ Ken Hinson they build and have videos and pictures to look at.

4. ru14real

ru14real Member

5. mrfubs

mrfubs Member

Okay so the bushings you will have to find some on your own that dont have the self lubricated coating like mine where. I had to tear mine down and found that the bushing was showing decent wear and looked like the wrist pin got very hot. The wrist pin turned blue around the bushing area lol. Maybe it will help to drill relief holes so it can get some oil. I'm not sure

Bottom line is it needs to be 100% brass and I haven't found one. Ebay might be your best bet

Here are the bushings I bought

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DJ23BVA?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I found some brass ones in a giffy

https://www.treatland.tv/vespa-piag...-14-x-12-p/vespa-con-rod-bushing-12x14x12.htm

Search those dimensions and you'll find what your looking for.

Good luck with the builds!

#25 mrfubs, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    javy mcdees likes this.