Starting my first build but need some advice...

GoldenMotor.com

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
Hey guys, I apoligize if this thread is in the wrong place. I just got a Huffy Cranbrook with comfort fit frame. First, I wanted to know if the dust cap on the rear wheel is necessary being its only going to be for street use no offroading or trail riding. In that case, do I still need the dustcap? I've also been hearing that when you loosen the coaster brake arm that you will have to readjust/tighten the rear hub/bearing assembly. Is that hard to do? And to anyone whos built on this exact frame, I been seeing pics where the carb needs to go off to the side to clear the seat post. Will I need that part to make the carb go to the side or will it fit with the intake mount that comes with the kit? I also ordered a cnc 44 tooth sprocket so I dont have to deal with the rag joint setup. Any other advice I need to be aware of? Thanks!

Reactions: Russell

Denis Zen

Mar 30, 2021
Riding up highway 101 at sunset
The offset manifold is an add on part which you can get for 10 bucks on amazon.

As for the coaster brake, I would get rid of it and go with a rim caliper or disk brake.

I went with a rim brake on back and disc on the front. I can lock my breaks up no problem .

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
Being that the question is a year old I am sure it’s moot now. However the dust cap on a coaster brake doesn’t fit in the hole of the kit sprocket. Keeping the coaster brake is nice for just easy slow downs. I have two rim brakes and the coaster on my 20 inch build. If you carefully grind off the cup part of the dust cover you can get it to fit and mostly cover up the open bearings.

Reactions: Denis Zen

Denis Zen

Mar 30, 2021
Riding up highway 101 at sunset
Being that the question is a year old I am sure it’s moot now. However the dust cap on a coaster brake doesn’t fit in the hole of the kit sprocket. Keeping the coaster brake is nice for just easy slow downs. I have two rim brakes and the coaster on my 20 inch build. If you carefully grind off the cup part of the dust cover you can get it to fit and mostly cover up the open bearings.
Duely noted. Thank you for that tid bit of info.