Springer fork wrangling

GoldenMotor.com

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I ordered another fork #3 and now they say it's out of stock and ran the price up after I ordered and want to steer me twords another fork... So I messaged them to exchange it for a frame that's about the same money... This is the same game they tried on the first one... The second one came fast... So if I get another frame that's fine but I really want 3 of each...

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
So now it looks like I'm getting a frame and cancelling the fork... It's a lot of pandering for the parts I want... 2 of those is fine... I'll get a few frames anyway because I like them and this is typical for cool 1 bike store... Jacking the price after the order and trying to sell other less desirable forks instead that may or not fit because some are Threadless will different length steer tubes.... And exactly why I'm getting parts together way before I plan to build anything...

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Whenever a seller lists something at an outrageous price; it's usually to avoid re-listing fees (& having to cancel orders) while the product is out of stock.

Reactions: Mossy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Yes there doing exactly that... The first time they sent me one from parts they had laying around... So I got the last one the other day... Feel lucky I got 2 of those.... And $100 off on the leaf spring fork... Now it's just the frame I have to get a few of before it's gone

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I watch the parts I want like the stock market... And by now I've got a good idea how to surf the wave as things come and go... We're only the sum of the parts... It's been a great experience and only a few things left before I can move on to shop tools and take it to the next level.... Now that I can find everything available weather it works or not... I'm from the old school where a customer comes in and you already have the parts on the counter before they get to the door...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
So if the best fork is no longer available.. 2nd best springer... And spares are always good for something because there made for a certain length steer tube 180mm so the geometry is going to be off on a 240mm Electra or 160mm huffy ... The difference is made up in the head piece and the bottom rockers.... 1 1/8" to 1" threaded adapter...
Screenshot_20230423-140306.png

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Because they didn't have the fork in stock and the order is cancelled.... To make it up to me there offering me another fork (the crappiest one) for more money than they have it listed and $20 more on the frame but it's marked down on the price and made up for in the shipping... I look for the lowest price listed with shipping... They got to try... Every message is about trying to up sell... Customer service 21st century

Attachments

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
We're only the sum of the parts...
Yes most people calling themselves “custom builders” are really just assemblers. They hate my guts for pointing that out. I see a lot of people building the same thing over and over. I just don’t get that. I’ve never bought a kit of any kind . It’s so funny to see people with all sorts of nice tools, nice brand name welders with gas, nice toolboxes full of nice tools, and all they build is the same old CG on a faker tank frame. Cracks me up.

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I get my refund and everything else on my list was either to much or wouldn't have spent all of it... So I got a minereli kit... For about the same price as the " custom builders" a few different moped forums worth of studding... I came up with this... And found a v force reed for less than the shipping to check out... It's still going to need work and figured out but I'm putting my time into a top quality piece not the cheapest slug I can get rich in one day building...

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Ordered another 2 steel frames that match the forks... 180mm at the original price in my basket... The other listing went down on the price $10 and up on the shipping $60... Show 10 available... Other than a few pk80 bottom ends for the falcon 911 cylinders I have I'm done for a while anyway

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I got 2 and 3 frames at the low price before they went up and down on it... And if you order 2 frames they refund the shipping on one so it's a better deal.. because the shipping is more than the frame... So it's buy one get one 1/2 price... So if I had figured that out I would have 4 of those... But I didn't know if it was junk or not the first round...

Attachments

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Yes most people calling themselves “custom builders” are really just assemblers.
Cracks me up. LOL
Your not a true custom builder unless ya dig your own ore, forge your own metal, then machine it into M/B parts LOL JKN

• Haha
Reactions: Mossy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Your not a true custom builder unless ya dig your own ore, forge your own metal, then machine it into M/B parts LOL JKN
I'm going to attempt to make a Polaris (jog) 90 crank fit in the Happy Time 110 case reed engine and use the 90 jug... I've gotten everything together for 3 of them... I've talked to a few people about turning the crank down and a couple of options where I could modify the HT crank to accept the larger rod and pin... 16-18mm then it would be a matter of deck height and making Shure the piston cycles through the ports like it should... The jug has a 50mm stud spacing for the LD 100 CNC heads... I found some 54mm aluminum racing jugs so it would be a Tru 100 with the 42mm stroke... I have a thread about it... I've got a pipe and reed for a few different Kawasaki models a few parts for a 1970 G5 100... Some moped hubs and wheels I'm working on getting laced up... A few different options for clutches... No forge and smelter or sand casting as of right now LOL for this newbie

Attachments

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
I ordered another fork #3 and now they say it's out of stock and ran the price up after I ordered and want to steer me twords another fork... So I messaged them to exchange it for a frame that's about the same money... This is the same game they tried on the first one... The second one came fast... So if I get another frame that's fine but I really want 3 of each...
815 bucks for forks? Pass.