Springer Fork - for sale.

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I am selling a Springer Fork for a 26 inch wheel. I cannot use it with my current frame; I've had it in storage for years, no rust whatsoever, practically new (since I haven't been able to use it). It was black when purchased, I have painted it red - before I found out it wouldn't fit. I'm listing measurements and details below, so you won't make the same mistake I did.

>For 26 inch wheel.
>Head tube is standard 1 inch diameter.
>Head tube is 6 & 1/8th inches long - from bottom bearing race to the top,
and threaded 1 & 1/8th inches down from top.
>Has mounts for V-brakes, and I HAVE the V-brakes (not in the pictures) and they are
included in the price. I'm throwing them in too.
>It has never been chrome - it was black when new. It is easy to paint the color of your choice. I have used Duplicolor on it now.

$ELLING PRICE: Only $30 plus cost of shipping, or you can save on shipping and pick it up in Indianapolis if you live close by. Price is firm (and already low).
- If I am shipping it - please pay by Post Office money order or Western Union money order. Upon agreement I will need your address, of course. I have a box ready to pack it in. If picking up locally, you may use cash.

Please no lowballers. I'm in no great hurry to sell. Just trying to make a bit of change while making space in the shed. Thank you much for looking. Feel free to tell anyone you think might be looking for a springer fork.

LET ME KNOW that you are interested by replying here. You may also PM me. I will be posting in this thread here if somebody has expressed interest and agreed on the price AND will post separately for when it has been sold.

Attachments

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Good deal! I'm from terre haute..looking around the garage to if I need that puppy!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Good deal! I'm from terre haute..looking around the garage to if I need that puppy!
Just to let you know, WECSOG sent a PM for shipping quotes for his location, which I answered. I will be posting if he or anyone else expresses an interest, and I will also post here if somebody agrees to purchase and sends payment. I will be doing my best to keep this thread up-to-date until sale is reached. Thank you all checking in. Also feel free to ask any questions you might have, or for any information or dimensions that I haven't covered in the ad, and I'll do my best to answer them.

UPDATE: we discovered this fork would not work for the frame WECSOG has in mind. WECSOG has decided not to purchase. Fork is still available. A_W

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
UPDATE: I decided to install the V-brakes to get a picture of them on the fork. Here they are. I even kept the little elbow to thread the brake cable into. The majority of springer forks do not even have brake attachments, so this is a pretty cool fork.
AGAIN - reminder: please check the headtube measurements in my advertisement to make sure this will fit your frame. Once you buy it, it will become yours. But I don't want you to buy it if you can't use it. So please make sure. Check your chosen frame's head tube for proper fit.

Attachments

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
UPDATE: as of this morning, a person on another forum expressed interest in this fork and asked for shipping quotes, which I supplied. The nature of the conversation suggested sale is likely, but that is the current extent.

I will post here if the customer sends valid payment and fork is shipped. Thanks for browsing.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
UPDATE: I have responded to a request for a shipping estimate, and received a mailing address. I am informed that payment will be sent for the fork. I will post here when payment is received.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
UPDATE: This springer fork has been SOLD. Thanks go out to AZBill for his purchase. And thanks to everyone who looked and/or may have helped spread the word. A_W

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
yup
my name and address are widely known ;)
here is what they are looking like installed on a Huffy Big Daddy getting a 4cycle kit ;)
paint is a perfect match for the rims :)