spare parts cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
today i fitted my 36t rear sprocket now the chain is the perfect size to run with no tensioner and i still have plenty of adjustment once the chain stretches. after trying a few different fuel tank ideas i decided to cut the wcc tank i have and try make it fit so far its turning out prety good

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
i made the bottom of the tank from a 1.5mm steel plate and tacked it on, im going to use a harley push in oil tank cap for the fuel cap

halfpint

May 8, 2011
Western Australia
Hi Aussiedan it looks as if you are having fun with your bikes what part of Oz are you in? I am in Narrogin Western Australia and about to start my second bike all the best Keithbrnot

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
Hi Aussiedan it looks as if you are having fun with your bikes what part of Oz are you in? I am in Narrogin Western Australia and about to start my second bike all the best Keithbrnot
gday halfpint

i think i have more fun building them then i do riding them,im in adelaide sa.

halfpint

May 8, 2011
Western Australia
Hi hsvmick what a trip that would be I did it with a Crumydoor and tandem caravan a few years ago to your part of the world what a trip loved Tazie and wanted to move there but the wife would not go. There is a bloke doing the whole of Oz on a mono bike so prehaps not such a silly idea just not for me I am stufed after half an hour. All the best Keith

P.S. it is good to hear from some Oz people here. there is a forum starting in W.A. for these bikes soon I will keep you infomed if you want just send me a P.M. cheers Keithlaff

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
hi AUSSIEDAN ,and HALFPINT ,you two should hit the Nullarbor Plain what a trip that would be...auflg
ive never been but i bet it would be a very short trip with a china motor lol.i have thought about riding from adelaide to melbourne or alice springs with enough spares it would be possible

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
hobart tasmania australia
hi keith,i sent a nice performance model bike over your way 2months ago and i done a tour of your state and liked the top end around Broome and monkey mia area this was way back in 92 ...it would be so cool to tour around tasmania on our bikes it is only 1400km right round but we get 3 weathers in a day and my partner she just not ride bikes ..Aussiedan how many motorised bikes around your area ...

halfpint

May 8, 2011
Western Australia
Hi Mick I am not alowed to ride big bikes any more ( orders from the wife ) I have had both hips replaced and the right knee I used to have Harlys two evos and a twin cam now it is hot rods. I loved my time in Tasie Ulverstone and Penguin mind you the fish and chip down at Constatution dock are hard to beat. All the best for now Keith

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
hi keith,i sent a nice performance model bike over your way 2months ago and i done a tour of your state and liked the top end around Broome and monkey mia area this was way back in 92 ...it would be so cool to tour around tasmania on our bikes it is only 1400km right round but we get 3 weathers in a day and my partner she just not ride bikes ..Aussiedan how many motorised bikes around your area ...
they are everywhere around here a guy sells kits and parts cheap at the local markets,me and a few mates get together once a week for a ride

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
sounds like you guy's enjoy yourselfs very much on your weekly rides that's so cool,how do you go with the law are they good to deal with long's you have a helmet ?
alsong as your not speeding or braking the road rules they leave us alone i usualy get a nod or a wave from them.a friend was riding with his young daughter on the back and was stoped and told to let all his petrol out as it was unsafe wich is understandable the law for pillions on motorcycles is 7yrs and up

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
i building this btr look at the moment ,wanted a ktm 50 in it but didnt fit and sure wasnt cutting the 1951 frame for that fit so i have spent a bundle on this china ht motor at the minute and still need plenty but its all fun i guess.new workman wheels and tires next week and a chamber then to get spark to the two plugs and on and on but will all come soon enough ...then a 4stroke build

Attachments

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
i building this btr look at the moment ,wanted a ktm 50 in it but didnt fit and sure wasnt cutting the 1951 frame for that fit so i have spent a bundle on this china ht motor at the minute and still need plenty but its all fun i guess.new workman wheels and tires next week and a chamber then to get spark to the two plugs and on and on but will all come soon enough ...then a 4stroke build
that bikes sweet,is the tank polished alloy or stainless? i have almost the same mtb but mines 26in

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
i got this ride taken off me for running 79k's through a police radar in a 50 zone that was a sour walk home then a summon's to front court but at the end of it all got that bike back but now died 'very cool bike that ride .duh.

Attachments

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
haha almost 30ks over did they slap you with a big fine? how do you do the rear engine mounts on the diamondbacks? i made a plate with u clamp the engine wouldnt fit with the rear spacer theres not much room in there