Sondor's E Bike, Anyone have any feedback?

Discussion in 'Electric Bicycles, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles' started by DaveC, Nov 14, 2016.

1. DaveC

DaveC Member

2. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Active Member

Nice that they are finally including the $100 LCD so you have 5 level PAS because it's a defective bike without it.
    $836 shipped and 3 to 4 months waiting time.
    The 8 AH battery will honesty go about 20 miles pedaling hard, don't believe their claims.

Buy a used one off Craigslist or Facebook this winter.

3. ragdolldude

ragdolldude Member

I've been eyeing these bikes for a while. I think it would be wise to opt for the longer range battery, think it's something like an 11.8 battery

4. DaveC

DaveC Member

$286 for shipping? hummm, kinda like an eBay seller :rolleyes: Seems a bit excessive, don't it. And the chances of finding one on craigslist here in Boise is pretty slim. Guess I go back to building my own when the time comes..... :/

5. biknut

biknut Active Member

I've had mine for a year and a half. For the money it's a excellent starting point, especially if you like to build your own bikes. Not that there's anything wrong with the stock bike, but compared to an average eBike usually costing around $3000 it's kind of low frills. Of course that's the whole idea about it only costing $800 (w/shipping).

The good thing about buying this kind of bike is you can upgrade as you go along. I've got around $2000 in mine now, but it's pretty well equipped, and you'd pay twice as much for a factory bike, and still wouldn't be as nice as my bike.

[​IMG]

This is a thread where I describe my build experience.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=60488

#5 biknut, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  6. ragdolldude

ragdolldude Member

Their shipping used to be around $275. I live some 45 miles from their warehouse in southern CA, and still wanted that price for shipment. I just checked their ordering link, put in my zip code, and there was no charge for shipment, just CA state tax. BUT, you'll still have to wait roughly 90-120 days for shipment.

7. biknut

biknut Active Member