Severe issue Electra Amsterdam 3i classic WHEEL SET.

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Here's the run down,

My bikes dutch, I dropped it off at the shop earlier today August 11, 2017 only for them to tell me my rear rim is "done." .bf.

It cannot be re trued just tuned in a tiny bit and it's not even a death wobble bend that 26's get that lead up to broken axles.

I have 700c nexus 3 intershift rims which are also not so compatible with whizzed wheel sheaves.

If I am correct I'm inbetween 24 and 26 inches according to Sheldon brown.

Is it possible that the sheave will fit only because I have 36 spokes and is there another way to fix a slightly bent rim? I don't want a $155 debt over my head and spend that amount for a non matching look similar rim for a slight wobble.

At minimal can two blocks of wood re straighten the rim?

My only other option is to upgrade without the shops help to 26s that provide enough tire without hitting the fenders or wheel wells.

Thin and tall mtbs

Heeyyelpp!

Last edited:

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Has
Before you try to fix the bent rim, does the Whizzer sheave fit on this wheel?

Has not came in yet,

My rim is a 700c set inbetween 24-26

About 25 inches and some change,

My boy shido changed bike shops to the one I live by he says should work due to its 36 spokes... but if not I'm upgrading to 26 kit since I can do 26 1.25 or 26.5s according to shido I have fender clearance.

FYI me and ship go back, like 4 flats to my first project idea....

Go back so much that my wires offended cause I call him my Homie lol!!

When I blew out a tire shido was my guy, and advice giver due to he has motorized rigs as well.