schwinn point beach seat tube rear engine mount

GoldenMotor.com

hammerhead

Jan 3, 2009
michigan
Hi everybody, im new to the forum first thread. Just bought a new Schwinn point beach cruiser from walmart. I have a 80cc Raw engine kit i just bought,getting ready to do my first build. I know there's a few of you out there with these bikes. My question is the rear motor mount for the seat tube is about 1 inch in diameter, And the seat tube on the bike is about inch and quarter in diameter. what are you using for the rear engine mount. I have seen a photo of a members bike here with what looked like a stock motor mount only larger as it seemed to fit like a glove. I saw a motor mount on Ebay ? . That said is was a 38mm that looked like a replacment for the that comes with the engine.I know the front motor mount will be done with muffler clamp set up. the rear mount has the project on hold. any help or pictuers, would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to this forum and to getting this bike on the road. Thank's in advance.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hmm, dunno. My 80cc BGF was tight on the point beach seat tube and had to be forced on. Did a lil filing.

As a filler, some lead works great and helps with vibes. BikeGuyJoe has some for sale cheap.

OH, and the "L" clip on front fender always fails. Remove fender or reinforce it! Rear does too but has more points of attachment.

But the PB makes an awesome MB

Post pics!

Last edited:

hammerhead

Jan 3, 2009
michigan
Thank's for the help guy's . I think i found what i was looking for Motoschwinn has a thumbnail showing what look's like a stock rear engine mount. Maybe he will see this post, and let me know what he's useing.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Hey, I just went ahead and used the included mount. I tightened it up after the first 10 rides or so, just don't over tighten it. Just slowly bring it in.

The aluminum just conformed to the mount basically. Don't forget to fix the front fender tab.

hammerhead

Jan 3, 2009
michigan
Hey, Thank's Motoschwinn. I just thought with the motor mount not going around the seat tube, like it should.That the engine would try and twist and the frame. Do you still have a big gap between your mount and seat tube?. I guess what i trying to say is your mount opening up and going around the seat tube or digging into it? And is your engine staying mounted nice and tight. Thank you for the help.