Sachs 301 motorized wheel

GoldenMotor.com

superhawk

Sep 14, 2008
Saw a Sachs 301 motorized wheel for sale on my local Craigslist and made the deal for $100 Canadian.
I also happen to have a bicycle frame laying around. After mounting the wheel on and cleaning the carb, it ran pretty well.
Made a "stealth" gas tank from a breathalyzer calibration canister, looks like a big water bottle.
I used a bar end horn to mount a rotary shifter as the right side of the handlebar is the twist grip.
The motor is really quiet and barely smokes due to the 75:1 mix.
Power is .7hp and speed on motor is toped out at 17 kmh due to the cdi speed limit, I may make a cdi with no rev limit.
Power feels like 250 watt electric bike, great for assisting up hills.
sachs bike.jpg
sachs bike 2.jpg
sachs bike 3.jpg
sachs bike 4.jpg
sachs bike 5.jpg

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
That stealth gas tank is Pure Evil Genius! And the mix is 75>1? Wow! I had an old B/S flathead that burned enough oil to qualify as 24>1 ! ! (Got it for $15, so what did I expect?)

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Saw a Sachs 301 motorized wheel for sale on my local Craigslist and made the deal for $100 Canadian.
I also happen to have a bicycle frame laying around. After mounting the wheel on and cleaning the carb, it ran pretty well.
Made a "stealth" gas tank from a breathalyzer calibration canister, looks like a big water bottle.
I used a bar end horn to mount a rotary shifter as the right side of the handlebar is the twist grip.
The motor is really quiet and barely smokes due to the 75:1 mix.
Power is .7hp and speed on motor is toped out at 17 kmh due to the cdi speed limit, I may make a cdi with no rev limit.
Power feels like 250 watt electric bike, great for assisting up hills.
View attachment 106046 View attachment 106047 View attachment 106048 View attachment 106049 View attachment 106050
Super job!