Runwell PK80

GoldenMotor.com

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Thought I’d post my thoughts on the Runwell PK. I bought into their hype and bought an engine only. Great statements about how superior these engines are. Even sent a sheet with the engine expounding about how other engines are junk. I will post some pics and let you decide. Also I didn’t get the split port cylinder shown in the product listing some folks have gotten. For comparison are pics of the Grubee Iron sleeve topend.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: indian22

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Cylinder is about as bad as I have had. Bad spots in chrome, flashing in all ports machine rings in head area etc. I’m sure it would run but superior? Worst is the cases are mismachined/mismatched. See the gap on the right. Will have to JB weld and file to level. Don’t think a gasket will make it alone, plenty of aluminum chips in the engine also. Compare this to Grubee parts. Will run the Grubee topend with the PK piston which is 6grms heavier by the way. Hopefully the bottom end will be ok. I know some folks Like these engines but I haven’t found much to be pleased with.

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
636846FA-82FA-4858-9BD3-E6DD8722FC04.jpeg D77CDF33-7338-4CC2-98DE-EA4C8550A87F.jpeg 82D77E3A-3795-485F-BD3E-D5FBACD87E8B.jpeg Pics of notice Grubee is machine faced on flange and carb spigot. Also Grubee cylinder is faced on all mating surfaces. Difference in heads. More fins on Grubee. So much for my rant y’all decide.

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Hopefully with a bit of sealer this might make this Piece of Krap 80 work. Took a full 1/2 base gasket to make up the misshapened case. It’s about all I care to do about it. If it works great ,if not into the recycler it goes. The money involved isn’t going to make or break me and life is too short to worry about junk like this, Hope I’m the only one screwed with one of these and the rest of y’alls run great.

Attachments