RI. Ride

GoldenMotor.com

Avalanche

Jan 24, 2013
Rhode Island
how was the ride(s) guys? long story short: was on the way there, where Route 7 meets Route 5 (after Bryant college where the Limestone/Granite rock place is) my engine side chain broke off and I had to pedal back home to Woonsocket.

Avalanche

Jan 24, 2013
Rhode Island
i'm really bummed about it. I didn't get home last night till 8AM, slept with clothes on, woke up at 11AM somehow and went right out the door to get to the ride. I couldn't deal at that point when the chain broke off

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Man those were some great routes! Smooth winding roads; beautiful farms and almost no cars. Weather couldn't have been better, not to hot not to cold. No break downs just steady riding.

That classic cruiser is about as clean of a build as you can get! Slowbalt, you've got to put a big rear sprocket on one of your bikes to slow you down!

Attachments

Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
how was the ride(s) guys? long story short: was on the way there, where Route 7 meets Route 5 (after Bryant college where the Limestone/Granite rock place is) my engine side chain broke off and I had to pedal back home to Woonsocket.
That sucks man. You should have kept coming. You were almost hear. It's almost all down hill at that point, and I have several brand new heavy duty chains siting in my shop. We would have had you up and running in just a few minutes.
Russell and Classic Cruiser made it for both the 10 and 20 mi rides.
Hear are a few pics.

Mar 31, 2013
RI
...i'm sorry i missed the ride but i expect i'll be making it to the next event thanks to the kindness of my new buddy SlowBalt.

so this is mostly just me shouting out a big thanks to SlowBalt who was kind enough to make a housecall and help this old noob out getting his bike back running again.

Thank you SlowBalt!

as it happens it was indeed something simple that any experienced rider would have spotted right off, actually it was just a loose clutch.

anyway, i learned a lot watching SlowBalt troubleshoot my bike and i am grateful to him for his assistance on that day and i look forward to many rides with him in the future.

peace, bozo