Replacement carb for Robin/Subaru EH035 needed.

GoldenMotor.com

Izzy

Dec 23, 2008
chicago
I purchased a Used EH035 on ebay and it seems to need a new carb. I want to replace the carb but dont want to spend much. Does anyone know of a compatible carb i can replace it with that is not very expensive. It has the original Walbro carb.

silvaire

Jan 25, 2009
North of the Golden Gate
OK, as a newbie to this list I just found that I couldn't post links until I had posted 3 messages without links in them. Below is my intended message with eBay auction numbers instead:

You really don't want to use any carb other than the Walbro carb originally supplied unless you want some serious frustration. The EH035 uses a partucular version of the Walbro WYL - and there are literally dozens of different variations of Walbro WYL carbs.

You can get a full WYL carb kit for $7.29, or just the gasket/diapharagm kit (which is likely all you actually need) for $4.59:

eBay 270205759670
eBay 270205758908

You can also buy these kits directly from mowers4u(dot)com, but their eBay listings are usually a buck or so less. I have delt with them and have found them to be fast and friendly. Their shipping is pretty reasonable too.

While you are at it, I'd suggest replacing the fuel lines and perhaps the primer bulb as well. What passes for fuel these days can be pretty hard on these parts.

Here is the correct primer bulb ($2.25) for the WYL carb if find you need one of those:
eBay 270205336544

Last edited:

silvaire

Jan 25, 2009
North of the Golden Gate
Yep,

That looks like a Walbro WYL (and you really don't want any other WYL than the one made for an EH035).

From the looks of it from the outside, it likely needs nothing more than a simple disassemble and cleaning. There are a number of very small delicate parts inside this carb, so it is a job for a clean workbench and a clear head. With a little searching you should be able to find a diagram of the carb online which would be very helpful for a first timer. If you are not sure of your ability with this project, a local mower repair shop would certainly be able to handle it.

The appearance of the primer bulb (being dark and opaque) strongly suggests that the engine has been sitting for quite a while with old gas in it. I would definitely replace the primer bulb and the lines too. Also, clean out the tank and check the filter/pickup as well.