Removing Governor on 212cc, Oil sensor question -

GoldenMotor.com

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
Removing Governor on predator 212cc. I've read some bias articles on the web that you need to remove the oil sensor so that the engine doesnt cutt when hitting bumps or fast turns, but i also read that, thats not complete truth. My question is can i get away keeping the oil sensor and just unplugging the yellow wire connecting to the sensor ? What do you think

FOG

Mar 3, 2019
Just a guess on my part but the oil sensor probably provides a ground to shut the ignition down. It'll never get grounded with the wire off ....

Reactions: Ralph hop

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
well, maybe. but im pretty sure as long as you disconnect the yellow wire, then take off the little magic box. The oil sensor wont function, so hitting curves, jumps whatever, with the oil splashing around, it wont shut off.

maybe i just answered my own question

Ralph hop

Nov 14, 2019
I just went through this with mine. The only wire you need is the black wire to kill the engine, remove the box and unplug it. I took off the side cover to get all of the governor parts out. I think the main issue you'll have is oil leaking around where the yellow wire comes out. Did you get the washer out of your engine from the governor post? There's a washer behind the plastic governor gear also. I think removing the shut off parts inside will help the oil splash around better. There's a few ways to plug the hole.

Last edited:

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
I just went through this with mine. The only wire you need is the black wire to kill the engine, remove the box and unplug it. I took off the side cover to get all of the governor parts out. I think the main issue you'll have is oil leaking around where the yellow wire comes out. Did you get the washer out of your engine from the governor post? There's a washer behind the plastic governor gear also. I think removing the shut off parts inside will help the oil splash around better. There's a few ways to plug the hole.
Yeah there’s 3 washers, I made sure to get them all. Governor Is out, picking up some self threading screws tomorrow then I’ll take the Pilsner sensor out.

Reactions: Ralph hop