Registering Motorized bicycle in cali?

Discussion in 'Laws and Legislation for Motorized Bicycles' started by TheSignGuy, Jun 29, 2018.

1. TheSignGuy

TheSignGuy Member

Hey Federal way, WA is fing with a motorized bicyclist thinking about registering in Cali and have my stuff sent to WA for transfer...

Anyone know anything about this I got the registration form for California but will they send my plates, tabs, title, registration to WA state?

I've read about how to code the bike with the serial number as well for the engine number in this forum.

2. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

You need to have someone in CA register the bike here (in CA) & then send you the plate & title so you can try to register it in your state.

3. TheSignGuy

TheSignGuy Member

OK so who's in Cali then,

I got cash but deal with only someone reputable the doc systems national so which means once registered it will always read up.

4. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

Why can't you just register it where you are? If you get a California plate and "transfer" it, by law, you're supposed to destroy the plate or turn it in when you get one from your state.

If you have someone here do it and it's not in your name, then legally, it's not your bike.

If you find someone here that can register it in your name, that's fraud, and can get you both in trouble (probably not much trouble, but I wouldn't risk it.)

5. TheSignGuy

TheSignGuy Member

Wsp are dumb to an extent

6. Barnfresh

Barnfresh Member

If you can’t find anyone in Cali to help you might try the Vermont mail in route. They supposedly don’t care whether you’re a resident or not. I have no personal experiance but the Moped guys say they do it all the time.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,3701658,page=1

Note the original post was a few years back, laws may have changed so do your own research.