Reg230 , registering in Cali from another state?

GoldenMotor.com

HepCJosh

Oct 18, 2018
I am wanting to get a moped plate from California. I live in Mississippi. does anyone know if dmv.ca will send a plate to Mississippi? or do I need to mail it to a friends address in cali and have him mail it to me? I am using the Reg230 form.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
saw a service somewhere on this forum or the other one that regs for you in cali, then sends you the plate and paperwork

Reactions: Dan

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I am wanting to get a moped plate from California. I live in Mississippi. does anyone know if dmv.ca will send a plate to Mississippi? or do I need to mail it to a friends address in cali and have him mail it to me? I am using the Reg230 form.
How is a CA plate going to help you in Mississippi? lol
Out of state plates are a red flag for cops.
When the cop asks you for your drivers license which is not from CA what are
you going to say?
States have a time limit to change your registration from out of state vehicles.

dogcatcher

Nov 11, 2016
Texas
Claim you are a student, a resident of California but attending a college in Mississippi. The DMV people have enough crap to deal with, checking both addresses won't be high on their list.

dogcatcher

Nov 11, 2016
Texas
How is a CA plate going to help you in Mississippi? lol
Out of state plates are a red flag for cops.
When the cop asks you for your drivers license which is not from CA what are
you going to say?
States have a time limit to change your registration from out of state vehicles.
In most place you are correct, in my area, we have 2 military facilities, and 3 universities with people from all over the country living here. It is nothing to see plates from several states everyday. I have 3 on my block, one is from Alaska, another from New Mexico and one from Georgia.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I
Don't know the laws down your way. But up here in CT, folks use generic moped plates. On everything, too. 300+ cc engines on some exotic home and bought builds and seems to pass.

I'm not advising breaking the law but if you are at least close and that designation works for "legal", why not. Cheaper anyway.

Riding around responsibly, never seen any one bothered.

But really important. Will be viewed as operating a motor vehicle in most places if there is a suspended license.

Ride safe!