- Aug 30, 2011
When mounting an engine on a 26" Cranbrook™ Cruiser Bike 56387, some upgrades to other parts of the bike are appropriate.
- Replacing front wheel with one that can accept a disk brake
- Adding a suspension fork on the front.
- Adding a front (and perhaps another rear) brake
- Bottom bracket conversion from one-piece crank to 3 piece, with square holes.
- Where is a recommended place to buy a strong front wheel with disc mounts?
- I'm in the process of buying a Botton Bracket Conversion kit to accommodate the wide crank & sprocket set.
- In terms of a new front fork, is anybody happy with some particular replacement? I would prefer something with suspension and a brake (preferably disk).
- I know springer forks are popular with this kind of "Cruiser" (and what does that really mean anyway? What are you cruising for?), but I don't see any advantage of them over the cylinder-plunger arrangement - except for appearances.
- And while I"m on the subject, do those disk brake adapters actually work?