Recent build

GoldenMotor.com

tony palmieri

Sep 30, 2019
Bought this old Gambles Hiawatha on an online auction and was able to use everything except the wheels and seat. I made the tank and hammered the fenders out the best I could stripped it down and painted it. Was a very fun project
20211223_161342.jpg

tony palmieri

Sep 30, 2019
Bought this old Gambles Hiawatha on an online auction and was able to use everything except the wheels and seat. I made the tank and hammered the fenders out the best I could stripped it down and painted it. Was a very fun project
View attachment 109262

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, Merry Christmas too. Nice bike! Keep a close eye on the fenders, engine vibration will cause them to crack or the mounts to break. Several members have had them fail.

Reactions: fasteddy and wrench

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
View attachment 109262
Bikes looking good. I wouldn't worry too much about the fenders on your bike
You got a good old fashion USA bike with 2 Good fender U support braces

People who have had fenders fail are owners of Chinese bikes. Their fenders only have one U brace. When there mounting L bracket breaks the fender wraps around the front tire and makes them crash.

This don"t happen with USA bikes with 2 U braces on their fenders
For a fender like this to cause an accident
The L bracket would have to break and one U brace would have to fail for the fender to cause an accident

Last edited:

tony palmieri

Sep 30, 2019
I really like the tank, I've always wanted to try making one. Do you have access to a metal break? If not I'm very impressed. Looking at what's in your shop I can see your in to racing, or at least someone is!
Thank you I bent it on my bench using clamps and angle iron. Yes I do some nostalgia racing with a late 60's front engine dragster running a blown sbc.