Rebuild Done?

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Looks like a great ride!!

I can say that mine will probably never get to the 'done' status.......... If it's not one thing, it's another!

Reactions: Dan

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Was slow as **** and loud as fk, now it's a little faster and even louder... Put a 79cc... Looks good

wrenching4fun

Jun 6, 2016
North Carolina
Thanks, guys. Tony, have a 79 predator on another bike and you're right it hauls arse with single speed and Hilliard clutch. I like my 3-speed hub, though, never had a problem but I don't abuse it - no need. This setup is much faster than the 47 HS that sounded like a lawn mower. I grew up with 2-smokers, so that's what I like. 4 strokes are easier and more reliable, but I like the smell of FAST. How can you tell which version of a Predator you have? I don't know what you mean by a Hemi. Guessing you mean a domed piston. We have strayed dangerous close to motorcycles with these builds, but that's OK with me. (guess that is progress, Dan) I started with a rag mount sprocket, coaster brake only, and no electrics. I like where I am now much better. This bike will smoke my 50cc Sachs 3-speed and my wife's Yamaha Vino. Haven't clocked top speed yet, but that's coming soon. Might mount a Biggs muffler in pipe, it rattles my neighbors' windows, but when it kicks in, I'm gone!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just showed a barmaid your pics, Wrenching.
She wants me to build her one. (and she's really hot)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Always wanted to be a matchmaker, Dan. When are you starting her bike? It should be good for more than a few free drinks!
And she is from a part of Russia I had visited way back. Well only 12 hrs away. By Russian standards, the next county over, LoL.

Dan, does Carol approve?
We are still partners and think I love her more now than ever. We still live in the same house and all and are looking at condos together. She really is the best Human I have ever met. The Shelly thing is really getting to her. She agreed with you and the meds worked. Dawg is 100% better. Still 14 yrs old but back to herself, as best as can be expected.

Reactions: Greg58

wrenching4fun

Jun 6, 2016
North Carolina
Racing pipe is great for squeezing power from engine, but nearly blows everyone's eardrums. Decided to tame a little with an add-on muffler lie the one on my Sachs, so I measured the inside of the exhau
DSCN3480.JPG
DSCN3481.JPG
DSCN3482.JPG
st and went to work. Here's what came of it from a $4 Briggs mower muffler.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
The Briggs muffler also worked great on mine. Just the right amount of 'attitude' without getting attitude from the neighbors.

wrenching4fun

Jun 6, 2016
North Carolina
Pipe works with the Briggs. Soldered the seam to make sure there's no leak. Took ride through empty fields, this is gonna be my dirt MB. Crappy bike centerstand couldn't take kickstarts' so I threw on a HD Whizzer stand. Need to reinstall pullstart, but the pipe's in the way. Trying to come up with a retrofit.