rear tire seized

GoldenMotor.com

mark k

Aug 23, 2020
New here,appreciate all reply's,first,dont know anything much about 2 cycles.bought an old beach cruiser with the old school rear brake that had a new 2 cycle .ran great,for about 2 months and lately cant fiqure why back tire is locked.can pedal with all my might ,literally ,but then wont turn over also without pedaling bike will just skid.the chain is extremely loose and while i have adjusted it a few times only once was i able to ,get it like i thought it should be .also tried adjusting the clutch,neither has helped ,and as i side note remember i said it had the old school brake so was wondering if that was any factor ,also would like to know ,when the loose chain has ,buckled on the front gear i see that theres a small pin that ..engage ..the motor that a bar with a flat side pushes in.mine come right out,is is suppose to be that free? STUCK and i love that thing,appreciate any reply's

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
New here,appreciate all reply's,first,dont know anything much about 2 cycles.bought an old beach cruiser with the old school rear brake that had a new 2 cycle .ran great,for about 2 months and lately cant fiqure why back tire is locked.can pedal with all my might ,literally ,but then wont turn over also without pedaling bike will just skid.the chain is extremely loose and while i have adjusted it a few times only once was i able to ,get it like i thought it should be .also tried adjusting the clutch,neither has helped ,and as i side note remember i said it had the old school brake so was wondering if that was any factor ,also would like to know ,when the loose chain has ,buckled on the front gear i see that theres a small pin that ..engage ..the motor that a bar with a flat side pushes in.mine come right out,is is suppose to be that free? STUCK and i love that thing,appreciate any reply's
Mark k!
Not sure what pin you are referring to is it the one for releasing the clutch? Sometimes a loose drive chain can bunch up and jam (kink) inside the front sprocket cover. If this happens it is necessary to remove the three screws and take off the cover. If the master link is showing try removing it and use the spark plug wrench to wiggle the chain free and get the kink free.

mark k

Aug 23, 2020
Mark k!
Not sure what pin you are referring to is it the one for releasing the clutch? Sometimes a loose drive chain can bunch up and jam (kink) inside the front sprocket cover. If this happens it is necessary to remove the three screws and take off the cover. If the master link is showing try removing it and use the spark plug wrench to wiggle the chain free and get the kink free.
thanks but no,like I said after i unjammed the chain around front sproket,and putting the cover back on theres a small pin that seats in a hole that the flat part of the clutch rod ? must push in to engage the motor ? like i said i dont know much but should that pin be able to come out so easily and just sit there ? thanks

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
Clutch Pin and Cam.PNG

Mark k, The pin is held in place by the cam which is in turn held by the cover, there is a single ball bearing at the inside head of the pin. I have attached a screen shot of that part of the assembly

guerreroaga

Sep 30, 2020
hey mark u ever get that figured out im having the same problem when i take out the spark plug the wheel is able to turn when i put it back its back to skidding and clutch isnt doing anything

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
Guer.....
Seems to me that your clutch needs adjusting or, the clutch plate and pressure plate are seized and won't separate. That could be caused by debris trapped between them. The same thing happened to me on my first build when the ball bearings disintegrated and jammed up the clutch.

Last edited:
Reactions: guerreroaga