Rear kick stand. A top quality purchase.

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I ordered a rear mount kick stand for the tri car from China. Free shipping but a month or more to get to Canada. For $8 the shipping time was cut down a little. I emailed the company and a couple of hours later I received a reply that $15 more over the free shipping cost would get it here in a week to two weeks. Done deal.

I ordered it on May 27th and paid the extra $15 the same day with a Pay Pal invoice. It was delivered this morning May 30th by the Canada Post Office. The packaging was excellent.

It is built like a bridge with riveted construction. I don't think that there is any danger of collapsing even with me on it and it fits the bike build era perfectly. The return springs are strong so I don't think it will drop down while riding.

Steve.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-28-B...439770?hash=item2a7ae4c65a:g:8AMAAOSw~AVYnWf9

Reactions: Dan

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I'll try and get some photos in a couple of days. I put it on the bike and show how it mounts up to it. Won't have it on the ground for a couple of weeks or so. The bike stand is 3/16" X 5/8" flat steel and where it mounts to the bike is 1/8" steel. It has two solid straps that look like heavy coaster brake arm mounts that hold the front of the bike mounting arms much like they were brake arms.

There is a locking mechanism that you flip forward and it locks the legs in place so they can't move forward or backwards.

Steve.

Reactions: Dan

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Here is a link to the photos of the kickstand. Comments are on the bottom of the photos.

The measurements are,

Where the kickstand rests on the ground.
11"
Center of the axle hole from the ground is.
15-1/8"
Length of arm where the kickstand anchors to the chain stay.
6"
Distance between the uprights where the axle goes.
5"

If your looking for a vintage rear kickstand I don't think you can do better that this one.

Steve.

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/...r Build/DSC_0008_zpswu2pmmbv.jpg?t=1496376789

GT4494

Oct 18, 2015
Georgia
Looks just like the one I used on my bicycles when I was in Japan as a child. they were strong enough you could get on the bike, spool up the tire real fast and then rock forward and the tire would chirp. Man those were the days

Reactions: fasteddy

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I think it would hold a bike weighing 140. I weight a Big Mac meal over 250 pounds and the tri car will weigh in at about 100 pound at the rear wheel and I don't expect any problems. The locking system to hold the kickstand in place is spring loaded and substantial. I hope to have the bike finished in the the next couple of weeks and I'll post a video of it being started so everyone can form their own opinion.

Steve.