RAW RACER 2 START PROBLEM

GoldenMotor.com

Veeeper

Jul 8, 2020
Hello i recently purchased a raw racer 2 and now I cannot get it to pull in order to start it. I installed a pull start and it becomes impossible to pull after the 1st 1/2 revolution.
Heres what I have already checked. I took spark plug out then motor pulls freely. Next Threaded a shorter spark plug in and its impossible to pull again. The engine is new and has never had fuel into it and no fuel lines are installed. I took exhaust and carb off and tried to pull and it was still impossible to pull. I have also taken off clutch plate and tried these things. I made sure crank key was good and made sure head on correct and arrow on piston is oriented correctly
My question is can the motor build up pressure in the crank case or head and keep the motor from rotating. Is there a pressure release valve or reed on the 100cc raw racer that might be bad.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
All evidence that you're presented indicate that you aren't pulling hard enough, or the pulley for the pull start is too small in design, and won't allow enough rotational leverage to pull it over.

No compression release on these.

Reactions: Venice Motor Bikes

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Put the bike together, and try pedalling it to start. See what happens. I have heard with the "new, bigger" piston, these can be a bear to start if you aren't heavy enough, or pedalling fast enough.

Veeeper

Jul 8, 2020
We tried pedal starting and it would not start we tried to drill start it and the thread stripped off it was then that we found the true problem.
----'-----–‐-----------'
The key in the stator shaft had been stuck to th back of the stator and hanging up on the crankcase as it spun around sometime causing instant stops.

Problem solved
Trashed motor
Problem solved