"Rattling" throttle off 2 stroke kit... handlebar diameter

GoldenMotor.com

jeffpas

Jan 2, 2023
Has anyone assembled a 2-stroke motor kit on their bike and found the plastic sleeve for the throttle assembly is somewhat loose on the handlebar?
I mean it attaches at the kill switch fine but the handle part kind of wiggles as in the diameter of the aluminum bike bar is a bit too small. I just don't like the feel of the handlebar being loose when riding.
One could wrap say some electrical tape before slipping it on but I assume that will gum up eventually.
Sorry for any repeating, I had a multi part question earlier.

Reactions: fasteddy

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The grip part is supposed to be a little loose because there can be slight defects in both the grip & handlebars that could cause the grip to stick & hold the throttle wide open.
I suggest you learn to live with it because adding something under it just because you don't like the feel can possibly cause a serious accident if you accidentally hit the grip on something!
Keep in mind that there's only that tiny little spring inside the carburetor to pull the entire assembly back to the closed position, & the slightest drag anywhere can hold the throttle wide open.

jeffpas

Jan 2, 2023
I guess maybe my worry is that little flimsy plastic ring at the stop switch will crack without me noticing, and then one day I'm flying down the road and the handle slips right off in my hand. Then you can't let go of that, because of the cord... and you've got no hand left to grab the steering.
Has anybody upgraded to a metal throttle? Unfortunately I'd have to buy one with the grip also because I've already superglued the plastic inner sleeve to the grip (on another Youtube tip from a motorbike builder, unfortunately that was Step 1 before it ever got slipped on the bike handle).

Mossy

May 20, 2022
This is the upgrade throttle and kill switch... There's a few colors choose from and put some light grease in side the handle part and some light oil in the cables then it will out last everything else and there a thumb throttle some people like so they can hold the bars better

Attachments